Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

rich adams bikes

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-06, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rich adams bikes

going to have a custom fixie built. have pretty much narrowed it down to rich adams. like his style and his know how. anybody ridden his work, any suggestions, first frame i will have built....

thanks,

pat
Old 03-06-06, 09:27 PM
ganbatte!

Bikes: '06 Vanilla touring, '09 Vanilla cx, Zanconato cx, Moots Psychlo-X RSL prototype, Nagasawa track, Kalavinka track, Black Cat 29er, Cannondale Rize 2 26er, Serotta CRL Legend

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I spoke to Rich at NAHBS... super, super nice guy, and a really motivated/interesting builder. Definitely a guy I'd have on my list if I wanted a frame built -- really lovely work. Interestingly, he primarily builds with Dedaccai steel, which is fairly uncommon amongst US builders. Definitely give him a shout though.
Old 03-06-06, 09:37 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GREAT guy, knew him from when he was at Medina Cycleworks (aka Wrenchscience). Chatting with him at NAHBS reminded me how down to earth he is, which can only help you when ordering a custom frame. As for suggestions about your first frame, make sure you take your measurements 2-3 times before giving them to the builder. Get a friend to help, if not the builder himself.
Old 03-07-06, 12:31 AM

Bikes: '77 Centurion "Pro Tour"; '67 Carlton "The Flyer"; 1984 Ross MTB (stored at parents' house)

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 61 Posts
He runs a GREAT local shop here in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
Old 03-07-06, 12:36 AM
love is the new fear

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i've always been a big fan of his bikes as well. also talked to him at the show and thought he was a great guy. plus, he only has an 8 week wait on his bikes (before paint). i would highly recommend him.
Old 03-07-06, 02:51 AM
asleep at the wheel

Bikes: Custom Richie Ditta Track Bike, Eddie Merckx Corsa, Marioni Custom Pista, Dolan Cyclocross

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Go for it. Every frame of his I've seen has made me lustful. All the owners I've spoke too just kept going on and on and on about how wonderful their bike was to ride.

Been a long time fan of his work and if he hadn't relocated from CA, I would probably have been a Rich Adams owner myself (aside from that little issue of money).
Old 03-07-06, 06:06 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well... i thought i had made the right choice, this just seals it...thanks for all your feedback. i will hopefully be placing my order when he gets back from the show. thanks
pat
Old 03-07-06, 04:18 PM

Bikes: none

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www.bicycleframes.com/

affordable, street tuff, smart builder!