Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Getting a reliable pump for folder

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Getting a reliable pump for folder

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-06, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Although I haven't gotten my Swift folder yet, I am looking at various additions to it and where to put them. One is a pump. The Topeak Morph has been highly recommended here but isn't it a bit large/long to carry externally on the frame (if I can find a place for it). I wouldn't mind storing it in a truck rack bag but it would be too long. I haven't read here about any reliable mini pumps that will pump upto 100LBs and in less than 1/2 hour. I would consider the HPX, if it would fit inside the 25.4 steel seatpost. I actually would prefer getting a pump w/o the gauge and buy the gauge separately. Anyone use the Zefal pressure gauge?

Thanks

SG
Old 03-08-06, 02:57 PM
Old Noob

Location: Mid-MN not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

Bikes: Downtube VIIIFS folder, 2 Strida 3 folders, HP Velotechnik "Grasshopper" and a Burley "Hep Cat"

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've got a Topeak Road Morph ...... works great with either presta or schrader.

The reason I bought it is because of the hose. You won't bend your stems with this pump.

The in-hose guage is nice. Saves a lot of hooking and unhooking to check pressure. put it on, pump it up, you're done.

Don't worry, you'll find someplace to hang it. Oh yeah, it comes with it own mount.

Rik
Old 03-08-06, 03:25 PM
Bromptonaut

Bikes: 1994 Diamond Back Racing Prevail ti; Miyata 914, Miyata 1000, 2017 Van Nicholas Chinook

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Topeak Road Morph is a well respected pump, even for the not-so-strong riders that have a hard time pumping their tires up to 90PSI.

I recommend.
Old 03-09-06, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Topeak has many models, large and small. But the best one is surely the Morph version with the Bar/PSI gauge. Recommend it.

Last edited by v1nce; 03-10-06 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-09-06, 12:50 PM

Bikes: who cares?

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
ditto
Old 03-09-06, 08:02 PM
Raleigh20 PugFixie, Merc

Bikes: 1982 Raleigh Twenty Hotrod Fixie; 1984 Peugeot Premier Fixie, 2007 Merc Lightweight folder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Might be worth checking this out as I think it is one of the coolest, simplest and obvious innovations I've seen in a while;

It all depends on if the sizes are compatible but in the 2006 Dahon catalogue there is this brilliant seatpost upgrade you can get that has a built in track pump. I'm sure most of us on the forum have trouble getting a psi pressure over about 40 with a mini pump so I think this is a great idea.

I know the swift seatpost is a bit special so it's probably no use to you—but to others looking at this thread for pump advice it may of use....
[my 2˘ is up... ching]
Old 03-09-06, 09:15 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
saw that dahon pump at the taipei show... would be the perfect solution. full stroke pump... in a seat post. perfect me thinks.

i am sure they will be available in some china mail order catalog soon... god bless (the lack of) IP preotection in asia...

Last edited by AWOL; 03-09-06 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-09-06, 09:28 PM
Folding bike junkie!

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I too second, third or fourth the Topeak Morph models. I also have a Crank Brothers (actually 2 of them; big and small) and I have been quite happy with them and they are smaller than the Morphs. One has a gauge and is slightly bigger. They both have the option of high volume or high pressure. No long hose though and that really isn't a major drawback to me though. They both take schrader or presta valves as well. I have had no issues with stem problems so far. One has a nice holder but either will fit in a small bag. They are both substantially cheaper than the Morph.
Old 03-17-06, 12:48 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think I found some info on the Dahon seatpost pump that people were talking about.

Biologic Zorinpump
https://www.zorinpump.com/

No information listed about buying it separately, and (as I'm a bike newbie) I don't know if the diameter would fit other bikemakers' frames. Dahon's saying that it's on the D3/D5 models
https://www.dahon.com/components/deluxe/zorin.htm
Old 03-17-06, 02:00 PM

Bikes: GoBike, Long-john, Strida III, Oke Ja recumbent, Brompton, Moulton, BSA, Strida 5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool, I wonder if it will be available in different diameters?
Site for the Rock& Roll Tour Bus that I drive.
Chop! The mad Welshman, lost in the urban jungle somewhere between LLanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Vladivostock!
Old 03-20-06, 03:38 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
From what I "heard" the seatpost will be available in the aftermarket in a 27.2 diameter... (nice)

I've seen them in action, they are pretty cool...