Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Rido saddle review?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Rido saddle review?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-06, 04:41 PM
garth

Bikes: 3Rensho, Team Raliegh, Colnago Arabesque, Bianchi, Lemond

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rido saddle review?

I have been reading a bit about the new Rido saddle which seems to not only look entirely different, but also seems to work on a different principle. It's so new that the only good info I can find is at the Rido web site. Anyone have first hand experience with the Rido. They say it works for triatheletes, comfort and mountain.

Garth
Old 04-03-06, 04:50 PM
MDM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought the glow in the dark Rido for my volpe. I've used it for longer rides 50 - 75 miles and I've found it comfortable. It was a definite comfort upgrade from the velo saddle that come with the bike. Leopard print to almost anything else would have been an aethetic downgrade, but glow in the dark might be just as cool as leopard print. Anyway I'll be using the Rido for touring, and I won't wish I ever had a Brooks saddle, because my Rido doesn't give me any complaints.
Old 12-06-06, 05:44 PM
Cicloturista

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Best saddle

I'm happy owner of two rido saddle for my road bikes.No crotch numbness.
Throw to trash all Sell Itallias,Arione,Turbomatics,Prolinks,etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rido.jpg (19.7 KB, 71 views)
Old 12-06-06, 08:24 PM

Bikes: Specialized Allez Comp Cro-Mo

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
I have them on both my road bikes. Love them very much. I got the black ones, although they still have a little yellow stripe on the bottom which I'm not real fond of. But hey, when you're on the bike no one sees it anyway. VERY comfy - but saddles are so different for everyone, you just have to try it out and see if it works for you. The nice thing about Rido is that they are cheap compared to most any other performance saddle you really can't go wrong if you end up not liking it.
Here's the Specialized with the Rido (not a great pic I know).
Attached Images
Copy of allez1.jpg (28.4 KB, 112 views)

Old 06-04-07, 09:55 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey, I just found out about the RIDO seat today. It doesn't look comfortable, yet everybody says it is. How can it be crotch-friendly with that incredibly long nose? And what is the design reason for the long nose?

I have been researching seats intensively and was leaning toward getting a very wide noseless one for my large out-of-shape arse. I'm not an advanced biker, just someone who wants to use a bike to get around town and wants comfort and no pressure on the crotch, don't care about looking cool. Would a RIDO work for me?

Thanks.
Old 05-28-08, 12:48 AM

Bikes: Pacific Reach (Road version); Dahon Vitesse D5; Carrera Subway 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have put a Rido saddle on my Pacific Reach. It is both very comfortable and very cheap (I paid only £7 from SJS cycles). The only down side is that it looks cheap (which of course it is) and tacky. According to thier website there is a new version - the R2 - coming out soon - lets hope it is a little easier on the eye.

To the question "how can it be crotch-friendly with that incredibly long nose?" - the answer would seem to be that the nose is dropped compared to the buttock-supporting rear of the saddle - so you get the benefit of the nose in terms of balance (unlike the noseless saddles), but because it is lower it leaves a space between the saddle and the perineum.
Attached Images
P5220001_scaled_2.JPG (78.5 KB, 44 views)
P5220008_scaled.JPG (45.1 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by Karlgw; 05-28-08 at 12:54 AM.