Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Tired of eating the same old c--p?

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-06, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi!

In preparation for my own C2C, I've spent 18 mo. reading all sorts of journals on touring self-contained and scouring web sites for food/recipe/meal planning and preparation. Most folks have a personal preference or routine for 'first breakfast' and 'lunch' ... me, I look forward to the end of each day to settle in Camp and have a simple but wicked tasty supper. Sometimes this is a quiet solo event, sometimes shared with new friends in a biker/hiker section. Cooking and dining can be a great time to swap stories, suggestions and intel about the way ahead.

Over on GCOAB I've been building an open Journal to compile the results of all this 'homework.' Take a look and via the Guestbook add your own suggestions and sources.

Here's the link: https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/journal/Cookonabike

Cheers!

Tim

Send PM with your critique.
Old 04-16-06, 02:38 PM
Member's Only

Bikes: Bridgesetone RB-1 fixie, Surly CrossCheck, Surly Instigator, Salsa AlaCarte, Bianchi Timberwolf SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One of the meals I've found for home, that would make an awesome soup base camping/touring, is the Bear Creek line of dehydrated soups. https://www.bearcreekfoods.com/products.html They're REALLY GOOD (all-caps good) and come dehydrated for super easy transport. maybe boil up some noodles for extra carbs and you're sitting pretty for dinner.