Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Finally back on a bike!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Finally back on a bike!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-06, 12:30 PM
My bicycle is fixed

Bikes: '08 Surly Steamroller, '07 Surly Cross Check

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Finally back on a bike!

Hello all.

After many years as a dedicated mountain biker, other injuries (racquetball in particular) got me out of the saddle. Then my mb was lost to thieves and I thought that my biking life was washed up.

But I got inspired again this Spring and tried out some hybrid style bikes, figuring that I won't be going too far off road anymore, and figuring that I could get a comfortable and efficient ride. What a pleasant surprise! I picked up a Trek 7200 FX and I love it. Mid-March I started riding to work and I'm completely hooked. It took a while to get comfortable in traffic -- learning where to look for cars and obstacles, and learning various tendencies of different driving groups -- is it just in my neighborhood or do the elderly tend to want to just creep along behind you??

Anyway, I'm happy to be back in the saddle and I'm pleased to be a part of the forum.

Cheers!
Old 05-08-06, 01:28 PM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Welcome Brian.

Originally Posted by Brian Sorrell
-- is it just in my neighborhood or do the elderly tend to want to just creep along behind you??
No, I think the elderly are like that everywhere.

Be sure to check out the Commuting subforum for excellent information to help you with your bike commuting.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 05-08-06, 01:29 PM

Bikes: Peugeot Hybrid, Minelli Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
The elderly are trying to keep up with you. I used to pass all the riders I saw in front of me. Now I watch in my mirror for cyclists catching up with me, so I put on a burst of energy hoping to be able to suck onto their wheel as they pass me.