Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Wireless Computer Help ARGHHH

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-06, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ive got a 23" frame, 26" wheel GIANT Rock Mountain Bike....

I have a wireless computer, the problem i have is that it doesnt want to work properly.

I fear, that from the size of the frame, that the receiver wont transmit it far enough to the computer, i can bring the computer nearer to the receiver, and picks it in, but when i slot in its cradle, it wont pick it up, i have tried everyting.

Because the spokes are bending away from the middle and away from the suspension fork, so the magnet and receiver are about half way up the fork, is this too far away.

Please help me, im going mad, this cost me £30 and i really want to get it working.

Cheers
Adam
Old 05-24-06, 09:12 AM

Bikes: Hecklah

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
What kind is it?

I had that problem. What you need to do is try to put the reciever as high up on the fork leg as you can. You should be able to wiggle it over closer to the spokes to pick up the magnet. (this is where I need to know what kind yours is)
Old 05-24-06, 11:44 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Its a Halfords one...

The magnet on the spoke cannot be shoved out anymore. The receiver on the fork is packed out with plastic [that i did my self] to move it furthur up the fork, as the spoke goes away from the centre [bottom of fork]...

Hope you can help me...

Cheers
Adam
Old 05-24-06, 06:01 PM

Bikes: Devinci Guzzler, 04 Canadian version

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
have you tried moving the sensor in toward the spoke? I have mie WAYYYY up near the top of my fork and the sensor angled inward so that there is less than 5mm spacing