Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

short amature vid from a ride a few days ago

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Old 06-12-06, 05:30 PM
Banned

Bikes: trek 4300 wit disk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

https://media.putfile.com/WOJO

just a lil something from on the amature trails, we dont like to stop when we need speed on the good trails, mabey we will stop and tape some of it next week when we go agian, cuz just the helmet cam veiw gets boring

Last edited by Help Im A Noob; 06-12-06 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-12-06, 06:59 PM
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AWWW IT KEEPS BUFFERING EVERY 5 seconds, try youtube or google .
Old 06-12-06, 07:23 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
grr i have it youtube downloading right now but its been doing it for 10+ minutes
Old 06-12-06, 07:26 PM
later

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kennethfaria
AWWW IT KEEPS BUFFERING EVERY 5 seconds.
works fine for me...

AS for the video, the video quality is pretty bad.
Old 06-12-06, 08:21 PM
is slower than you

Bikes: Gunnar Sport, Marin Pine Mountain, Gunnar Ruffian, Gunnar Roadie, BMC Fourstroke, Salsa Vaya

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
People posting helmet-cam mtb videos need to realize they're boring as hell. This, on the other hand, is not quite as dull. I did have a mild seizure watching this, but some of the editing wasn't half bad. Nice job.

Old 06-12-06, 09:03 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lol thanks, im thinking of investing in a digital camcorder, because the helmet cam vids are pretty annoying and boring. i did make a putfile but after 35 minutes of it d/ling i watched it and it was even more blurry that the putfile one!
Old 06-12-06, 09:30 PM
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peek the Geek
People posting helmet-cam mtb videos need to realize they're boring as hell.
Really? That's interesting. Are you just referring to helmetcam videos that you have only seen on this forum?

The video that the OP posted is particularly bad, IMO. Horrible video footage, cheesy transitions, and a cameraman that apparently is epileptic.
Old 06-12-06, 10:08 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
why is it that when anyone posts a video, mainly a helmet cam video, or something about a helmet cam, you are the first to suggest a super expensive helmet cam, or just criticize for the well being of ruining a topic. ive said it like 20 times befor, instead of *** in a thread, why not comment on a few tips or just say nice job, but your _____ could use a little work. the vid is shaky because after a few hours a biking you do seem to get a bit tired and you cant keep a steady hand.
seems like your the biggest nerd on here as you make fun of my editing work. fyi i used windows video maker. if you havnt noticed yet, it comes stock on all windows computers like 98 and up, so odds are, its not gonna be perfect.
wait im not done yet...
did you mabey see the part at the verrrrrrrry front of this vid, quite possibly mabey just absolutely the first thing where it said DEMO**********
heres something for ya:
dem·o1 ( P ) (dm)
n. Informal pl. dem·os

A demonstration, as of a product or service.

so does that mean its gonna be perfect? no i dont think so.

get yourself straight, get yourself on your bike, and ride it, dont sit on your computer and pretend to ride it.
not everyone has the money to buy a $700 helmet cam or a $2000 bike. what they do instead is make due with what they have. if they can afford a $400 bike and a $100 helmet cam, they go on crazier trails the person would go on with the $2000 bike and use the $100 video camera more. if you brake bones you get back up, and keep riding until they heal. if you brake your cam somehow, you find a way to earn money and buy a new one, to entertain yourself and live life to the fullest.
so if you dont understand any of this and my rambling on is too much for you remember this; if your as good as math as you are sitting on a computer, you should understand it.
you can be a good person and do great things, you can be positive, but you arent.

Edited by Moderators

Last edited by Help Im A Noob; 06-12-06 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-12-06, 10:15 PM
is slower than you

Bikes: Gunnar Sport, Marin Pine Mountain, Gunnar Ruffian, Gunnar Roadie, BMC Fourstroke, Salsa Vaya

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hank Rearden
Really? That's interesting. Are you just referring to helmetcam videos that you have only seen on this forum?

The video that the OP posted is particularly bad, IMO. Horrible video footage, cheesy transitions, and a cameraman that apparently is epileptic.
I'm referring to all helmet-cam videos that consist of first-person-point-of-view shots of nothing but trail coming at the camera, paired up with some crappy "extreme" music. I'd much rather see video of some BMXer losing his wheel and taking a street-sized piece of pavement in the face.

As for the OP's video, it may not be great technically, but it was more interesting than "hey watch my friends and I get 4 inches of air off of this sweet jump we made with our dads' yard tools."

But heck, that's all just my opinion. Take it and a quarter and you'll have 25 cents.

Old 06-12-06, 10:19 PM
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Help Im A Noob
why is it that when anyone posts a video, mainly a helmet cam video, or something about a helmet cam, you are the first to suggest a super expensive helmet cam,
Where have I suggested a "super expensive helmet cam"? Read my posts a few times and perhaps you'll understand this part:

"Decent results can be had, even with a poor quality lipstick camera. It's a matter of technique (focusing on keeping your head still, choosing the right light/trail combo, etc.) and creative editing."

I thought that was pretty clear.

The software that you used has very little bearing on the quality of the video that you posted. If you object to people correcting the inaccurate things that you post (for example, "because no matter how great of a camcorder you got its still gonna show some blurr") then don't post about subjects that you have no experience with and/or knowledge of.

The rest of your assumptions and nonsense doesn't merit a reply, as they have in the past.

Have fun out there.

Edit: My bad, I should have checked your profile and simply ignored all of your previous posts. I'll do that from now on.
Old 06-12-06, 10:31 PM
Elite Rep

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hank - Its not really nice to just say out loud that the video is particulary bad and insult it you know .
Old 06-12-06, 10:32 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd have to agree with peek, for the most part 1st person videos of people riding trails is boring as shlt no matter how exciting the trail.

I liked the parts where the camera was still and you were trying to capture your friend riding through water. That was cool.
Old 06-12-06, 10:53 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well it seems that of all your posts about 50% or more are just in the topics involving camera, video, camcorder, pix, pictures, ect.
seems not everyone likes what you have to say but your always the first one back with a rude remark. cant ever let one slid can you?
https://www.bikeforums.net/mountain-biking/199766-videos-clips.html
ill be the mature one this time and see if i can teach you a lesson.
you win.
is that what you wanted to hear? because it took me about .25 seconds to type it and i actually felt better after typing it.
seems like you would be the kid to hate the old mean guy that lives down the street whe you were yonger, and now you are the old mean guy that lives down the street.
Old 06-13-06, 04:57 AM
Uh oh...

Bikes: Giant, Rainier

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This young man is 14 years old and doing his best to share some biking stories and adventures. This is still a mountain bike forum, right? He takes the time to share a video clip which he states from the get-go, is "amateur" quality. Dang Hank, remember when you were 14? How about acting more like a mentor and less like an insensitive critic on everything. He could be grabbing some old ladies purse, or marking the back of the Mall up with graffiti. Then there's drugs/alcohol, and all kinds of gangs to join. The kid is 14 and his last 2 post are right on the money.

His tag is "Help Im a Noob". Thanks for helping him Hank.
Old 06-13-06, 05:13 AM
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey help im a noob, youre 14 to? same here
i understand where yo're going ive done the exact same thing... And i agree on the long post you wrote up.
Say what bike do you have? Any chance you live in mississauga? lol
Old 06-13-06, 08:35 AM
is slower than you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NoF3ar
I liked the parts where the camera was still and you were trying to capture your friend riding through water. That was cool.
+1
The creek shots were cool.

Old 06-13-06, 09:26 AM
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JagdNeun
Dang Hank, remember when you were 14?
Which part of "Edit: My bad, I should have checked your profile and simply ignored all of your previous posts. I'll do that from now on." are you confused by?

I don't regularly check people's profiles. I didn't know he was 14. Now that I know, that explains why many of his posts are so off the mark.

I hope he continues to have fun riding.
Old 06-13-06, 09:38 AM
Banned.

Bikes: Trek Jack...trials bike soon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, that was a confusing and blurry as heck video. We're just seeing about 2 feet ahead of your front wheel, try looking 10 feet down the trail at all times, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP.

With that said, go make another one.
Old 06-13-06, 09:59 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peek the Geek
+1
The creek shots were cool.
+2. I haven't shot any MTB video yet, but I've used that shot quite often for whitewater kayaking. It's a nice touch. The low angle of the shot is what really makes it work in this video.

Keep it up. You've obviously figured out how to do the special touches in the editing. I always sucked at those and tend to let the action speak for itself. In whitewater, it takes some creative work to make easy runs look cool. With some more practice, it will come. Plus, the more you video, the better you get since you can analyze your rides.

If I may make one suggestion, cut back a little on the effects, titles in the middle of the video, and heavy transitions. Let the riding speak for itself instead of masking it with layers. Maybe try to look ahead more instead of down with the helmet cam. I saw a few shots looking straight down. Looking ahead will improve your riding as well. Another shot that I like to see (I did see a few seconds of it in your vid) is a helmet cam on the second rider following closely behind the lead rider. Find a nice section of trail with some flow and go for it. It looks nice. Keep it up.
Old 06-13-06, 10:06 AM
Senior_Member2

Bikes: Beater + Nishiki Bigfoot X-29

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Peek the Geek Says:
"hey watch my friends and I get 4 inches of air off of this sweet jump we made with our dads' yard tools."

We didnt make the jump...lol and it IS a sweet jump if you get some speed... and you gota start somewere...
Old 06-13-06, 10:15 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This needs to be re-hosted. Youtube sucks!
Old 06-13-06, 11:46 AM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks for the comments guys, and ill keep your tips in mind for next time, i really will. as for the cam always being down, i know its not me looking down at all times, its the way the cam is mounted, i gave my dad some drawings and hes gonna see if he can make me a bracket to higher the cam more so i can aim it up more. if i wanted the cam to look even with the ground i have to pretty much look up at the sky.
Old 06-13-06, 04:01 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you want to shoot some really entertaining vids do so with a separate cameraman with a good camera, find a good stunt or place which you think will offer something fun, find a good place to place the camera at a steady position and go nuts That way it will be awesome to shoot and it will be entertaining to the people watching the video because I agree, helmet cams are not that fun and they are too shaky unless the videos are shot on expensive high end helmet cams.

But yeah, a nice job still, nice editing lol.
Old 06-13-06, 07:58 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
good call, we are building a big dirt ramp gap over by a new subdivision they are building, we got alot done today but it was really hot. after we have this we will do some crazy stuff of it and set a tripod up
Old 06-14-06, 03:06 AM
Senior_Member2

Bikes: Beater + Nishiki Bigfoot X-29

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im too afraind to do gaps... we found a track some one made in the middle of the forest but its all gaps... we are planing to make some ramps but with out the gap...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.