Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Mavic X317 Disc Rims

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Mavic X317 Disc Rims

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-03, 05:20 AM

Bikes: '87 Paramount & '02 Scapin EOS3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Mavic X317 Disc Rims

Am looking at a pair of Mavic 317 rims laced to XT disk brake hubs. This rim is fairly light in weight and listed under Mavic's XC Racing category on their website. Am wondering if this rim is strong enough to standup under the pounding of my 200 pounds on a hardtail with SID fork. I am an XC rider and do minimal jumping outside of dropoffs of a couple of feet. Have always ridden Open Pros and now Kysriums with great success on the road am would like to hear from anyone who has experience with these. Thanks.
Old 01-26-03, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If those Krysiums have held up under you the X317's should have no problem. I almost got that wheelset except i figured the X223's w/ XT hubs was good enough to save the cash on. Ride wise i cant tell you much b/c i've never actually ridden them but you really cant go wrong with traditional mavic wheels
Old 01-26-03, 05:50 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just bought a set of Mavic X3.1 tubeless rims on Shimano XT disc hubs... awesome combination. Only 240 bucks from www.jensonusa.com !!

It's a great set of wheels.. I've been very pleased. Tubeless is simply amazing... gotta be one of the better inventions in the MTB scene! They roll so fast and they make the ride so much more plush! Even a full knobby rolls faaaaaaaaaaaast! I haven't had any problems with flats, either.. I think they've ironed out the problems that used to plague tubeless setups. I couldn't be happier.. it was deffinitely worth the money.
Old 01-27-03, 10:45 AM

Bikes: Lots

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had a pair of the X317's on my hardtail. They held up great! IMO, Mavic's make one of the best rims on the market. They're lightweight and strong. BTW, I'm about 225-230 lbs and didn't have any problems with the X317's.

L8R
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger