Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Unusual Brooks saddle treatments...

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 07-04-06, 02:03 PM
45 miles/week

Bikes: Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How about bird poop?

Forgot to cover it when leaving my bike outside under a tree... Apparently there was a bird nest above it or something, it had bird poop all over it.

Yuck. I washed it off and covered it this time.
Old 07-04-06, 03:47 PM

Bikes: 2006 Downtube VIIIFS, 1980's Dahon 3-sp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What is your green bike?

In high school I had a 10-speed; don't know who actually made it, but Arctic Cat (the snowmobile company) co-opted it and sold it -- painted their color (at the time) -- lime-chartreuse!

My parents bought all three of us kids this bike, from dad's brother the AC dealer. When I went to college, and later I think my sister's, were cannabilized by younger brother has he rode "harder" with more crashes and repairs needed.

This spring it became my "favorite color" again, to the point I seriously considered the new MINI-Downtube instead of the full-suspension or internal-Hub front-suspension ones... but the 20" wheels won.

Gotta watch out for them birds!
~'spin!~
Old 07-04-06, 06:10 PM
45 miles/week

Bikes: Jamis Aurora

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Heh, it's a custom job. It was a sorta orangey-red Schwinn "World Tourist", early 80's (83 IIRC), actually manufactured by Giant.

I bought it cheap for a project, got new wheels and drivetrain (I wanted a fixie, the original drivetrain would have been fine for riding), painted it the brightest neon green I could find with black trim (black seat, wheels, fenders, stem, etc). I did it all with rattlecan paint, it isn't the best paint job in terms of finished texture and all but from more than a foot or two away it looks awesome.

I originally got the color because I wanted a neon color (I'm big on visibility) and I didn't want pink, my wife said I couldn't do orange or yellow because then my bike would match my alertshirts... which left green or blue, and I picked green. The paint was REALLY lousy, some old never-heard-of-the-brand stuff from a hardware store, it was runny, really lousy to paint with... but once I was done I really liked the color so it was worth it . Hmm I think I have a picture somewhere:

That bike has some sort of leather (or fake leather) spring-filled saddle (the leather surface is supported by these long springs, kinda hard to describe).

The bike that has the bird-poop-enhanced Brooks is my commuter, a Giant Cypress, which is orange/silver.