Search
Notices
Long Distance Competition/Ultracycling, Randonneuring and Endurance Cycling Do you enjoy centuries, double centuries, brevets, randonnees, and 24-hour time trials? Share ride reports, and exchange training, equipment, and nutrition information specific to long distance cycling. This isn't for tours, this is for endurance events cycling

Your long distance cycling events this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-06, 09:39 PM
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Your long distance cycling events this weekend?

This weekend, I hosted (with the help of my father) and rode a local 200K brevet.

https://www.machka.net/2006/2006_200_RedDeer.htm

It was the second brevet run in my part of the world (the first one was last year about this time) and was a good ride. It was especially nice for me because it meant that I did not need to get up well before dawn to make it to the start in time.

I am working on a local 300K brevet to be held in early August.

Today I was planning to do some recovery riding, but unfortunately it has been stormy all day, with huge hail and tornado warnings, so I've opted to remain inside working on my webpage.

What sort of long distance cycling stuff have you been doing this weekend?
Old 07-10-06, 08:32 AM
Dead Men Assume...

Bikes: Bike Friday NWT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
203.24 km ride this past Saturday. I need to find someone who's willing to ride with me to buy and eat local fruit from the fruitstands. Stuff's too delicate to bring home.
Old 07-10-06, 08:46 AM
okay maybe not.

Bikes: oh a bunch.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rode 21 miles to the start of a century. rode the BVBC century, then rode back home. everyone though I was crazy. I felt great. ~145 miles with a average speed of 19.1. There were very few hills.
Old 07-10-06, 09:03 AM

Bikes: ANT Club Racer, 2004 Trek 520

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Completed the Boston 600K yesterday in 38h 6m. 20,000 feet of climbing and in almost every respect of route planning, a mini B-M-B. I'll post a full-ride report after I get some breakfast. My body is still craving tons of calories and my mind can't think of anything but food, more food and a lot of cold beverages.
Old 07-10-06, 09:07 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Beautiful weekend for riding in Baltimore County, MD. I even blogged it. No wind, not too hot.

75 miles solo. I categorize anything over 100K as a "long ride"-- especially if it is rolling. I've not done more than 200K yet, but am working on it.

Last edited by angelo; 07-10-06 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-10-06, 11:45 AM
Cascadian Nationalist

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
A friend and I rode from Enumclaw, WA to Sunrise Lodge on Mt. Rainier and then back. 106 miles, 6000 feet elevation gain, one fantastic ride.
Old 07-10-06, 11:53 AM
Bye Bye

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by spokenword
Completed the Boston 600K yesterday in 38h 6m. 20,000 feet of climbing and in almost every respect of route planning, a mini B-M-B. I'll post a full-ride report after I get some breakfast. My body is still craving tons of calories and my mind can't think of anything but food, more food and a lot of cold beverages.
Rode the Boston 600k.
Spent the first half with spokenword.

I DNF'd at mile 221.

Severe knee pain at mile 210 which left me walking a dirt road to the control and I was dehydrated. Body felt like crap. 32 miles between 2 checkpoints took over 4 hours to complete - and I knew I was done. Rode back to Boston in SAG with 2 other riders the abandonned.

spokenword did really well - and was a pleasure to share the first half of the route with.

I too will post a 600k ride report when I get my mind around all that happened.
Old 07-10-06, 12:17 PM
No one carries the DogBoy

Bikes: Roubaix Expert Di2, Jamis Renegade, Surly Disc Trucker, Cervelo P2, CoMotion Tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Last weekend I rode from Madison to LaCrosse (140ish miles). Every year my wife has a family reunion and I like to ride my bike there. Its roads to Reedsburg and then crushed limestone trail from there. Its a nice ride, and takes about 9-10 hours.
Old 07-10-06, 04:05 PM
Dagger Boy

Bikes: 1999 GT 5.0i mountain, 2004 Basso Reef road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was working hard on training my liver to accept large amounts of beer and tequilla while in Mexico. This weekend I'll do a couple of 40-50 mile sprints...
Old 07-11-06, 07:08 AM

Bikes: Early Cannondale tandem, '99 S&S Frezoni Audax, '65 Moulton Stowaway, '52 Claud Butler, TSR30, Brompton

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Oh, you mean last weekend. 50 km brevet with The Girl on the tandem.

In Britain and Oz, this weekend means next weekend. Must be one of those 'separated by a common language' things. A 600 brevet, on fixed, probably in the rain. I hate riding in the rain...
Old 07-11-06, 08:08 AM
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
This weekend, I hosted (with the help of my father) and rode a local 200K brevet.

https://www.machka.net/2006/2006_200_RedDeer.htm

It was the second brevet run in my part of the world (the first one was last year about this time) and was a good ride. It was especially nice for me because it meant that I did not need to get up well before dawn to make it to the start in time.

I am working on a local 300K brevet to be held in early August.

Today I was planning to do some recovery riding, but unfortunately it has been stormy all day, with huge hail and tornado warnings, so I've opted to remain inside working on my webpage.

Off topic, but Machka, I think I've seen you out and about riding! I used to drive a truck up around your neck of the woods out of the US and frequently loaded beef in Alberta and dropped chemicals in Edmonton. It would have been around Red Deer and I would have been driving the Marten Transport truck that used to move w-a-a-a-a-y out to keep from blowing you off the shoulder!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant