Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

2007 Bike lines

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

2007 Bike lines

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-06, 05:34 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2007 Bike lines

I was just hoping we could have one central thread for this, as I've been looking around and finding some awesome stuff.

First of all look at the new carbon dh bikes.

I don't know if this is a demo, or bighit or what.

Full Story

27 lbs
and specialized is now making their own shocks. First time they made their own rear and front shock.

07 Demo

Demo

07 Enduro
Old 07-10-06, 05:38 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kona- I know some people posted some stuff about the kona dualie line. This is showing some of the hardtails.

Kona article

Kula lisa

can't tell which model this is, but the paint scheme is sex.

Coilar

Dawg supreme

Howler

King kikapu

Queen kikapu

Stab supreme

Stinky

Cinder cone

stuff

Stinky primo

stuff

dawg supreme

Last edited by Pheard; 07-10-06 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-10-06, 05:39 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek

Last edited by Pheard; 07-12-06 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-10-06, 05:40 PM
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,406 Times in 900 Posts
That first bike is the Enduro. Curvy lines like the SC Nomad.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 07-10-06, 05:45 PM
Mullet Boy!

Bikes: a giant upland 03, old europia road bike or something and soon to be getting a Norco Bigfoot or something of the sort

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://insidelinemtb.com/nuke/module...a89edd2142f4ca all the kona's
Old 07-10-06, 05:53 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The two top of the line fuels

Trek's Top Fuel line has been expanded to five models for '07 which now includes lower price-point aluminum model as well as a top-end superlight carbon version which reputedly weighs less than 20lb. The OCLV 110 carbon frames receive a new one-piece top tube/head tube, similar to that used on the road going Madone, as well as a new OCLV carbon bottom bracket lug. Aluminum models use the company's proprietary ZR9000 aluminum tubing which is heavily shaped for rigidity and strength. All Top Fuel bikes will sport 90mm of rear wheel travel and are designed around 100mm travel forks. In a nod to the bikes' race-orientated riders, bottom bracket shell widths have also been downsized to 68mm to facilitate the use of narrower a 2x9 drivetrain.

By its own admission, Trek's new "R1 Tuned Suspension" system is more of an evolutionary progression rather than a wholly new offering as all models use the same basic modified single pivot-plus-rocker link layout that has been used since the introduction of the original Fuel. However, although the layout remains the same, little else does. Sealed cartridge bearings are now used at each pivot for enhanced durability and a reported 66 percent improvement in small bump sensitivity. Trek paid considerable attention to the main pivot in particular, which now uses press-fit oversized bearings that are set in a new 'Wide Stance' spacing for better swingarm rigidity. In addition, new welded aluminum HiLo asymmetric chainstays help to yield a 200g weight savings as compared to last year's assemblies. In spite of its decidedly racer-oriented intent, the new rear end also provides more clearance with room for up to 2.5in rubber.

As with the Top Fuel, the Fuel EX family has grown significantly and now includes eight models, including two women's-specific versions. Upper-end versions get a travel increase for '07, and now have 120mm of rear travel and 130mm travel forks, while lower price point models retain the 100mm of travel from the previous year. Better component specifications have dropped the weights dramatically across the board, most notably in the aluminum Fuel EX 8 which has shed a full 2lb relative to the '06 model.

The frames themselves are also lighter and include new asymmetric ZR9000 rear triangles using the same Wide Stance bearing spacing and press-fit oversized sealed cartridge bearings as on the Top Fuel. Fuel EX rear ends also receive proper seatstay-located dropout pivots improve small bump compliance and also remove any built-in "springiness" that existed in the old rear end for more precise tuning.

Trek’s new HiLo chainstay assemblies allegedly save up to 200g over last year’s setups..

New forged aluminum rockers on the Fuel EX are carved out to reduce weight yet are still fully bearing-equipped for smooth operation

Main pivot on the new Top Fuel receives Wide Stance bearing spacing and press-fit oversized cartridge bearings. Chainstays are asymmetric to maximum the efficient use of material.

Large diameter, swingarm-located cartridge bearings provide lateral support for the rear end. Narrow 68mm bottom bracket shell makes for easier 2x9 conversions and tighter q-factors.

The ’07 carbon Fuel EX utilizes a one-piece top tube/head tube construction similar to that used in the roadgoing Madone.

Upper-end Fuel EX models receive heavy suspension spec from Fox Racing Shox.
Old 07-10-06, 05:53 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some of the Trek 2007 stuff, I'm really diggin the 6 and 8 series Trek hardtails personally.

And some of the low-end stuff, which looks largely unchanged from 2006.

Old 07-10-06, 05:58 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pink_Ninja
I resized those gigantic pics, Ill add them to the kona post.
Old 07-10-06, 06:42 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Marzochi 2007
https://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=2061

Manitou: rear shocks 07
https://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=2058

Manitou Front shocks 07
https://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=2052

Xtr 07 line
https://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=2050
Old 07-10-06, 07:28 PM
Old School Rad

Bikes: Blur LT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I saw Brandon Sloan riding a new Enduro at the NORBA race at Sugar Mtn in the superD. Pretty nice looking bike but he had duct tape all over it.
Old 07-10-06, 07:33 PM
Still kicking.

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
https://bikemagic.com/news/article/mps/UAN/4929/v/1/sp/

Don't know what in the heck Specialized is thinking by going back to in house shocks and suspension forks. Even Cannondale's forks are primarily Fox's and manitous.
Old 07-10-06, 07:41 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm just wondering if the new specialized forks are only going to be on higher end bikes. Or if they are going to have a wider range, on all of the bikes.

If they did decide to make ALL their own forks, which I doubt. I think this years line is going to be interesting.
Old 07-10-06, 09:24 PM
djentleman

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 66 Posts
Dang I love the new konas and the Trek 6000
Old 07-10-06, 09:30 PM
(((Fully Awake)))

Location: ~Serenading with sensous soliloquies whilst singing supple sentences that are simultaneously suppling my sonnets with serenity serendipitously.~ -Serendipper

Bikes: Guerciotti Pista-Giant Carbon-Bridgestone300- Batavus Type Champion Road Bike, Specialized Hardrock Commuter, On-One The Gimp (SS Rigid MTB/hit by a truck)- Raleigh Sports 3-speed,Gatsby Scorcher, comming soon...The Penny Farthing Highwheel!

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KonaRider24

Don't know what in the heck Specialized is thinking by going back to in house shocks and suspension forks. Even Cannondale's forks are primarily Fox's and manitous.
I thought the lefty was in-house; proprietary design for Cannondale's only?

Hey, Pheard...what's up with all the coverage of the big dogs? Where's the dirt on Scott, Cove, Evil, etc./??

Inquiring minds want to know. It's not all about the "big three", dude.
Old 07-10-06, 09:36 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I can't find anything for cove, or scott. Its easy to find info for the big dogs.

Patent Suit Forces Scott USA to Change Design
By Vernon Felton

The Point of Contention: see that rear pivot, the one just in front of the rear dropout. That's the Horst Link.

Bicycle Retailer and Industry News recently reported that Scott USA has decided to drop its legal challenge of Specialized Bicycle’s suspension patents and—here’s the kicker—the end result is that Scott USA will not sell its Genius full-suspension bikes here in the United States. .

The root of the debate lies in a single rear pivot which creates what’s known as the Horst Link. The Horst Link, for those of you who are new to this debate, is a set of rear pivots located on the chainstay just below and in front of the rear drop-out. This suspension design element is named after designer Horst Leitner, who created the system back in 1991 and featured it on his line of AMP bikes. Though AMP went belly up (as far as bikes are concerned) in the late 90’s the design has lived on in Specialized Bicycles line of bikes. Specialized bought the Horst Link patent in May of 1998 and has used the courts to rid competitors’ bike lines of the Horst Link ever since. Giant, GT, Jamis, Ellsworth (though Tony would contend this point), Turner, Intense and a fistful of other companies all used (or still use) the Horst Link on their bikes.

Why? What’s so damn great about this simple pivot point? Oh, that’s a long story, so I’ll strive to keep this short: the Horst Link essentially allows the rear suspension to cycle freely—even when the rear brakes are applied. This is critical because you typically want your rear suspension to move in as smooth and uninhabited a fashion as possible when you’re bombing down some f’d up terrain with that right brake lever locked in a death grip.

The easiest alternative to the Horst Link (on a four-bar style bike) is to place the rear pivot on the seat stay, just above the rear quick release. To the untrained eye, the difference is negligible—but you can feel the difference (at least on longer-travel dualies) when you apply the brakes on a seat-stay pivot bike and the rear suspension stiffens slightly and the rear wheel stops sucking up bumps so seamlessly.

So….for all of the above reasons (and a few more I won’t bore you with) the Horst Link was a critical element of many bike company designs in the late 90s. Specialized Bicycle purchase of the patent and steady clamp down on the design forced several companies to completely ditch popular bike designs and search for some new Holy Grail of suspension. That’s essentially why I-Drive was born and it also explains why so many companies (such as Giant, Haro, Ibis and Iron Horse) are pursuing "floating pivot point" designs that take a design cue from Santa Cruz Bicycles' patented Virtual Pivot Point system.

NOTE TO READERS: I received an email from Rob Roskopp at Santa Cruz Bicycles (shortly after this story was published), reminding me that Floating Pivot Point designs are NOT the same as his company's Virtual Pivot Point design.

To put it in Rob's own words, "Only Santa Cruz and Intense use the patented VPP System and the other companies listed are using a “floating pivot point” system that is essentially derived from VPP, but doesn’t use the counter rotating links found only on VPP bikes." Point well taken.

Undiscovered Genius: here's the bike that Scott won't sell in the U.S.A.

But I’ve lapsed and strayed far and long from the headline here, right? Scott USA recently returned to the U.S. after a long stay in Europe (where the brand is huge—crazy, superstar popular). Back in Europe, you’ll find Horst Links on damn near every dualie because Specialized Bicycle’s patent rights on Horst Link don’t apply over there.

So, Scott USA (despite its yankee name) has been disco dancing in Euro for years and had a line of very cool bikes (that’d be the “Genius” models…which are damn popular in 60 other countries) sporting Horst links. When they returned to America a few years ago they were hot to bring their Genius bikes to market…alas, there were the pesky lawyers to contend with. So, for the past year and a half we’ve been hearing that the issue was going to be resolved and that Genius bikes would one day frolick and hold hands with FSRs here in America….that ain’t going to happen.

Specialized was once fairly open to licensing the Horst Link to other companies, but has become a bit more guarded over the years. Bottom line: if you’re a small company that presents little risk to Specialized’s market share, they might let you pay to put the Horst Link on your bikes. If you’re a real rival for floor space in bike shops, however, the odds of Specialized licensing that patent to you are slim to none.

“The FSR design has proved itself and our business has matured. Now differentiation is more important to us and our dealers, so we are not looking for additional licensees for this technology,” Sinyard told BRAIN.

Scott's Ransom is their current long-travel answer to FSR. Expect a new cross-country design in 07.

Scott USA, for its part, is publicly stating that this is no big thing—that they’ve got other great designs on the back burner, which they will focus on instead—including their all-carbon freeride bike, the Ransom. They’ve also hinted that they will have the three to five-inch travel segment of their line completely fleshed out and available in 2007.

“After 18 months of battling it out in court the judge said the case was too close to call. The next step was going to trial,” Scott Montgomery, Scott USA’s vice president, told BRAIN. “Our dealers have pre-ordered so many Ransoms that it didn’t make sense to continue to spend money on the suit. We have other great designs in development, so it’s time to settle with Specialized and move on,” Montgomery said. “Of course we missed the three- to five-inch suspension travel segment because of our involvement in the suit, but we will have that addressed in 2007.”
Old 07-10-06, 09:40 PM
dirt is good

Bikes: norco wolverine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ow my dial up hurts but the pics are sweet...

Trek bikes are to generic and plain... there all the same kind of boring in my opinion.
Old 07-10-06, 09:48 PM
(((Fully Awake)))

Location: ~Serenading with sensous soliloquies whilst singing supple sentences that are simultaneously suppling my sonnets with serenity serendipitously.~ -Serendipper

Bikes: Guerciotti Pista-Giant Carbon-Bridgestone300- Batavus Type Champion Road Bike, Specialized Hardrock Commuter, On-One The Gimp (SS Rigid MTB/hit by a truck)- Raleigh Sports 3-speed,Gatsby Scorcher, comming soon...The Penny Farthing Highwheel!

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, Pheard. Keep it comin'.
Old 07-10-06, 09:51 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Better colors ...

Originally Posted by Pheard

Better colors from Trek. Their recreational mountain bikes have looked kinda plain jain for quite a while now.
Old 07-10-06, 09:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is some more info and very nice pictures on the new Scott USA Ransom.
https://www.singletrackworld.com/arti...7a588cdca86a5e
Old 07-10-06, 10:11 PM
...is my hero!

Bikes: 2008 Kink Whip, 2006 Specialized Enduro, 2006 Norco Wolverine, 2006 Iron Horse FsZ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pheard

Demo
Damn those demos look NICE....awesome paint jobs on them!
Old 07-10-06, 10:16 PM
So. Cal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EJ123
Dang I love the new konas and the Trek 6000
i agree the kona kula supreme and trek 6000 are lookin real nice to me
Old 07-10-06, 10:18 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I really like this paint scheme.

I can't tell which model it is. This bike and the lisa kula are almost the same.
Old 07-10-06, 10:24 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KonaRider24

It makes perfect sense, business-wise. I think Specialized is being a tad greedy here, and it's gonna hurt them, IMO at least. But then again, it could also expand them...and either way, I've always disliked Specialized.

Oh, and those Trek 8x00s are looking super-sweet!
Old 07-11-06, 08:10 AM
Eat my Dust... n00bs

Bikes: Kona Cinder Cone 2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the 2007 orange ms isle... the only orange i could find!
Old 07-11-06, 08:15 AM
Eat my Dust... n00bs

Bikes: Kona Cinder Cone 2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
im really digging the new kona graphics... and for that matter the demos paint job and the paint jobs on some of the Marzochi 07 range!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.