Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Looking for MTB Shoes

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Looking for MTB Shoes

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-06, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for MTB Shoes

I've just recently upgraded to clipless pedals. Crank Brothers candies to be exact. Anywho, I'm looking for a good entry level shoe for offroading. I have been told by a couple of people to stick with Sidi. So, with that being said, I have been thinking about the following shoes:

Dominator 5 Mega Lorica® Mountain Bike Shoes

Dominator 5 Lorica® Mountain Bike Shoes

Bullet 2 Mesh Mountain Bike Shoes

If anyone is familiar with these particular shoes, or Sidi shoes in particular, any input would be greatly appreicated.
Old 07-19-06, 09:48 AM
Fourth Degree Legend

Bikes: 2005 Kona Cinder Cone & 2010 Cannondale SuperSix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not too familiar with Sidi, but I use Shimano M225s. Nice and stiff. I've been very happy with them. So if you want to look at something other than what Sidi has to offer, I'd suggest Shimano. That's my two cents.
Old 07-19-06, 10:36 AM
is slower than you

Bikes: Gunnar Sport, Marin Pine Mountain, Gunnar Ruffian, Gunnar Roadie, BMC Fourstroke, Salsa Vaya

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The first two shoes are the same model, except the "Mega" fits those people with wider feet. The main difference between the Dominator and the Bullet is the ratcheting top strap on the Dominator vs the basic velcro on the Bullet.

A sales guy once told me the ratcheting system was the only way to go, but I've been using a pair of Sidis on my road bike that have the velcro on top. They work just fine for me, plus they're lighter.

EDIT: Just to be clear---I have never tried a shoe with a ratcheting system, so I can't say if they're better than the velcro shoes I have used.

Last edited by Peek the Geek; 07-20-06 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-19-06, 09:21 PM
I=Your Mother

Bikes: 2003 Rocky Mountain Element

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've tried Velcro, Tie ups and the Ratcheting system and i have to say that i prefer the ratcheting system. With the other two i just couldn't seem to get it as tight, but really, like everything to do with biking its a question of personal preference.