Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

Bobby Julich's Take....

Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Bobby Julich's Take....

Old 08-10-06, 09:54 AM
Wher'd u Get That Jacket?

Bikes: Calfee Dragonfly, Lemond Poprad, Airborne Manhatten Project, Calfee Luna Fixie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lotek
I thought Riis taught Tyler who taught Floyd who hasn't learned anything.
He is learning the art of denial in the media...
Old 08-11-06, 12:50 PM
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by Duke of Kent
Psimet2001: Did you race at Elgin this past weekend?
No, but I was there in full force. If you were there before around 2pm then odds are you saw me. I enjoy watching, but I haven't raced since I was a junior.

After seeing how un-squirely the Cat 5's were (I was very surprised) I have decided that I will race the Cat 5 next year just for craps and laughs. Granted there was 1 tangle in the Cat 5 first group, but that was off the front - a place I will not be.

I have a lot of pics from the race(s), I'm starting to realize that there are a lot of BF'rs that were there racing so maybe I'll start a thread with all of the pics....

Old 08-11-06, 01:00 PM

Bikes: Yeti ASRc, Focus Raven 29er, Flyxii FR316

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah I was off the front or chasing back the other guy who went off in the 4s race for a good portion of the day. Hearing my name, number and team on the PA system was really cool. Didn't finish up to my expectations due to a guy going down in front of me in the last turn. Oh well. That's racing, right?

I would love to see those pictures, or a link to them.
Old 08-11-06, 01:04 PM
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by flythebike
Yes. What does Fignon have to do with Bobby Julich? I mean if you want to explain that would be great, otherwise it makes no sense to me.
Yes...sorry...I was in a crappy mood that day. I think Domestique got what I was trying to say:

Originally Posted by domestique
Come on..... Laurent Fignon?... Lance got it from Merckx..... Merckx also gave it to Hinault who gave it to Lemond.... Lemond just kept it to himself and instead just likes to accuse others.
Which was all building upon DocRay's jab about :

Originally Posted by DocRay
Yeah, right.
Riis was a doper. he taught Hamilton how to dope, and now Basso.
What I was trying to get at was how tracking doping education and protocol through individual rider connections to teams is about as worthless as trying to pin someone's gambling addiction on that poor soul's grandmother for teaching them 5 card stud as a kid.

To illustrate that point I used a key rider whose high profile failure to a self-proclaimed non-doper in one of the best Tours ever - as a poster child, almost as a grandfather of the modern doping underground...almost like a Kevin Bacon of cycling.

- - - translation----It was a JOKE to point out how pointless our (as fans) theories concerning doping in the pro ranks are.

The problem with a joke is that when you have to explain it, it is no longer funny.

I still think it's all Fignon's fault though.....he was in Quicksilver right??