Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Canadian In S. Korea

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Canadian In S. Korea

Old 08-19-06, 11:32 PM
swollen member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Canadian In S. Korea

HI
I am currently riding in South Korea. I am a Canadian and I am here teaching English. My name is Joe.
I have 3 bikes here in South Korea, all Korean bikes. Two Altons and a Lespo. The Altons are both moutain bike style no suspension bikes. The Lespo is a utility bike. I am not fussy for the type of bike I ride. I prefer older bikes. Bikes with some personality. And I always do some customization to my bikes.
Here is a picture of my lespo standard !
My favorite ride !

Last edited by redorchestra; 08-20-06 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-20-06, 12:30 AM
New! With Self Loathing!

Bikes: 2013 Jamis Xenith T time trial bike, 2013 Jamis Xenith Elite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mmmmm...that is a nice utility bike all right, with all the goodies. I'd sure ride it. I wish we could get utility bikes here in the US. Oh yeah, sorry I distract easily when resented with pictures of bicycles. I meant to welcome you to Bike Forums...so welcome.;D

Weird Bike Guy Blog
Old 08-20-06, 01:44 AM
J3L 2404

Bikes: 2007 Jamis Nova

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome, redorchestra! Always nice to have more members from this side of the world. You will find plenty of people here to drool over your bikes, particulary in the commuting forum.

Where in South Korea do you live? And what sort of reception do Canadians get there? It's great being Canadian here, thanks primarily to two Canadians famous in China: Dr. Norman Bethune, and Mark Rowswell (aka Da Shan), a big TV personality.
Old 08-20-06, 06:35 AM
littleal

Location: Pedalling past the rice paddies in the land of the not so morning calm!!!

Bikes: TREK 820,AB Tadpole,Novara Safari

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
welcome redorschestra
Where are you located here in the R.O.K.?
I'm located a little bit north of seoul.I also teach English. Love the Adjoshi bike. It's sweet.
I have a nice commute of about 20k rt a day.through the country no less..
I normally do a long ride on Saturdays up to the DMZ.
If you wanna go give me a ring at 019-228-8362.
Or give me a ring anyway.Ive been here a while(1987-2006)
I know a few good shops with good wrenches.
Currently on a TREK 820 and an AB Tadpole trike for the wow and fun factor.
Anyway welcome to the forums and gimme a buzz.
Old 08-20-06, 07:57 AM
swollen member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am just south of Seoul. In Anyang. I ride to work everyday, I think it might be 1 km.
I try to go for a longer ride on weekends. I did 50 k today from Anyang to Yoi-do. Nice ride, very popular. All along the stream, no traffic. I also rode around Jeju this summer, About 200k in four days, that was a beautiful ride. I rode with my girlfriend and our friend, so I was on the Ajossi bike (that's what I call them too). I want to replace the hub with a internal geared hub. I am planning another long ride for Chusock(?)in October, any suggestions? You have been here for a long time!

Thanks to everyone for the warm reception, I 'm sure I'll be around for a while.
Old 08-20-06, 06:26 PM
littleal

Location: Pedalling past the rice paddies in the land of the not so morning calm!!!

Bikes: TREK 820,AB Tadpole,Novara Safari

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chusok ride

Hi
I'm located about 20 k north of Ouijongbu.
I'm looking at doing a 4 or 5 day ride from here up to Kangwan-do and out to the East Sea.
I love the scenery and fresh air there. Plus lots of rolling hills and plenty of good restaurants.
There's not a lot of traffic and most drivers give lots of room to you.OH yeah and long downhills also.
If you want to go give me a call or drop me an email.( littleal1967 at yahoo dot com )