Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

clipless pedals for Rans Formula 26

Search
Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-06, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any suggestions for clipless pedals for a Rans Formula 26. Anything to look out for on clipless pedals on a recumbent?
Old 08-24-06, 03:06 PM
Just "Mike" is cool

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry I can't offer you any advice but I was wondering how you like your F26? I really wanted one of those but my budget couldn't allow it right now and I was itching for a new bike so much that I got a new road bike for now and am planning on getting the F26 next year. I read a review that said the ride can be a bit rough but people always said that about aluminum road bikes and that's what I just got and it's totoally bearable. So is the ride rough? Fast? Comfy? As much of a review as you want to give I'd love to read, this is the bike of my dreams. Thanks and best of luck with the pedals!

Mike
Old 08-24-06, 08:51 PM
rebmeM roineS

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro A20, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 226 Posts
Even tho I had used SPD-style pedals on bikes for years, I used platform pedals for the first month of riding my Rans Tailwind when I got it this spring. I've since gone to Performance Campus dual SPD/cage pedals. I only use the non-SPD side for casual rides wearing sandals or athletic shoes.
Old 08-25-06, 06:51 AM
Recumbent Evangelist

Bikes: Rebel Cycles Trike, Trek 7500FX

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just installed a pair of Eggbeaters on my trike, and they're great. Previously, I had a set of pedals that had a regular platform on one side, and a single clip on the other. The Eggbeaters are markedly better, they engage better, release smoother, and even give me more room between the edge of my shoe and the crank arm. I'd recommend them.
Old 08-25-06, 10:10 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mikebike311,

I like the formula 26 a lot. I've never ridden a recumbent before and got one because of my back. It's very stable at speed and quite comfortable. It's a litttle wobbly at very low speeds, I'm getting used to that. I don't think the ride is rough, but I used to stand up off the seat when going over a bump on a road bike, and I can't do that on the formula 26, so I do feel the jolt. I'm very happy with it. Shifting gears is very easy and efficient and the brakes are excellent.
Old 08-26-06, 05:43 PM
Take Your Lane

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jeff-o
I just installed a pair of Eggbeaters on my trike, and they're great. Previously, I had a set of pedals that had a regular platform on one side, and a single clip on the other. The Eggbeaters are markedly better, they engage better, release smoother, and even give me more room between the edge of my shoe and the crank arm. I'd recommend them.
+1 for Eggbeaters. It's nice to think about the ride, and not focus on which end is up on the pedals on every stop/start.

(LOOKS Suck)