Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Charlotte NC area riders

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Charlotte NC area riders

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-06, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Charlotte NC area riders

shout out here, and where do you ride. Most of my rides are thru Waxhaw also have loops around Ballentyne and the occasional Sunday morning excursion into downtown Charlotte.
Old 09-18-06, 01:20 PM

Bikes: Trek 7.5 FX

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Used to ride around Pineville, Park Road, Johnston, Carmel and the Pineville end of Hwy 51. Moved to Asheville three years ago tho...
Old 09-22-06, 02:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ride to work uptown from Sedgefield. Still trying out routes.

I've found some info on https://www.tarheelcyclists.org/ and https://bikecharlotte.com and https://charlottecycling.com
Old 09-22-06, 02:45 PM
Gone riding...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Saintx...I also do most of my riding in the Waxhaw / Weddington area. We should try to sync up some time and ride.
Old 09-24-06, 09:49 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PM sometime, did the Plantation ride today.
Old 09-25-06, 06:35 AM
I-M-D bell curve of bikn'

Bikes: 06' Jamis Eclipse in the making.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cooperwx
Used to ride around Pineville, Park Road, Johnston, Carmel and the Pineville end of Hwy 51. Moved to Asheville three years ago tho...
Smart person!

Asheville area has the best rides in all NC I think with mountains and still flats in certain areas.
Old 09-26-06, 06:39 AM

Bikes: Trek 7.5 FX

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's been interesting from a biking perspective. People are much more congnizant of bikes up here than in Charlotte. Since there are so many mtn bikers, I guess they have respect for us road guys. I see so many cars with bike racks on them, but so few actually on the road. We have two bike clubs up here, but it's mostly for sport and recreation. I'm a commuter, and am mostly alone on the roads.

I realize I'm hijacking the CLT thread, but it brought back memories of riding there. You guys enjoy the flatlands, and the (slowly) coming light rail. I am jealous of that...
Old 11-28-06, 10:39 AM

Bikes: '71 Raleigh Sports, '84 Schwinn LeTour on the trainer (and available for hill repeats), '06 Scott CR1 SL (Ksyrium SL), and a yet-to-be-determined TT bike.

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
University area.
Old 11-28-06, 11:23 AM
Scum, Freezebag!

Bikes: 2007 Leader 796R w/ 10sp DA and 2005 Jamis Dakar XLT FS MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Since this is the Catchall for Charlotte...I'll be spending 2 weeks over Christmas at my relatives' house. They live North of the SC border on the Lancaster Hwy (521). South of the Ballantyne Resort and the 425.

I'm going to go stir-crazy if I don't get a chance to ride somewhere on something. Anybody know of any clubs or rental places (or maybe want to loan me a bike) while I'm out there? It'd be nice to ride with people so I don't find myself absolutely lost.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-28-06, 01:50 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mo'Phat
Since this is the Catchall for Charlotte...I'll be spending 2 weeks over Christmas at my relatives' house. They live North of the SC border on the Lancaster Hwy (521). South of the Ballantyne Resort and the 425.

I'm going to go stir-crazy if I don't get a chance to ride somewhere on something. Anybody know of any clubs or rental places (or maybe want to loan me a bike) while I'm out there? It'd be nice to ride with people so I don't find myself absolutely lost.

get in touch with the guys/gal at Ultimate bicycle in Pineville.

They'll be able to help ya out.
Old 11-28-06, 07:09 PM
The guy in the 50+ jersey

Bikes: Specialized S-Works Roubaix, Litespeed Tuscany Road, Specialized Allez Epic lugged carbon frame Road,Giant Anthem 29'r, Klein Hardtail

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ride noth side of town , Davidson, Cornelius, Mooresville, Troutman, Plenty of rolling hills around Lake Norman area. Also ride mountain bike trails at Lake Norman State Park...Always looking for someone to ride with
Old 11-28-06, 08:00 PM

Bikes: '71 Raleigh Sports, '84 Schwinn LeTour on the trainer (and available for hill repeats), '06 Scott CR1 SL (Ksyrium SL), and a yet-to-be-determined TT bike.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
PAlt, you'd probably smoke me right now as I'm just getting back into cycling. Gee, 20 years ago, it seemed so much easier to just hop on a go for a long ride! Just let my legs get stronger, and let my distances increase, and I'll get back to you. Would like to have a riding partner once in a while. Provides more motivation than my Garmin virtual partner, and a lot more fun to talk to a real person!
Old 11-29-06, 08:24 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

These guys also have rides and are based out of Waxhaw. They've been really nice the times I've been in the shop when visiting family.

https://www.boltbrotherscycles.com/
Old 11-29-06, 08:32 AM
Scum, Freezebag!

Bikes: 2007 Leader 796R w/ 10sp DA and 2005 Jamis Dakar XLT FS MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions blsecres and thomspins. Ultimate Cycle is about a mile from where I'll be staying. If they have rentals, I may be all set...now just need a good 50 mile route or three.
Old 11-29-06, 05:24 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello, does anyone ride near Kernersville, North Carolina? Am new to the area and am trying to find a group or at least a person to ride with to keep me motivated on the new terrain. Am used to flat lands! Thanks, B
Old 12-05-06, 11:32 AM

Bikes: Trek 1000, Trek Tandem

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't forget your woolies!! It's 45 degrees now, but could be lots cooler or lots warmer around Christmas.
Old 12-05-06, 11:37 AM

Bikes: Trek 1000, Trek Tandem

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Charlotte Area

We ride typically North Mecklenburg, Iredell, Cabarrus county roads. Check out www.cannonballs-cycling.org and schedule to ride our MS warmup, "Ride for Pride" leaving from Davidson sometime in August.

Also, anyone wanting to join our club rides on Tues / Thurs evening or Saturdays are always welcome.
Old 12-06-06, 09:22 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Checkout new Sherman Branch 7+ miles of singletrack

I'd like to recommend the new Sherman Branch District Park singletrack trails built by the Tarheeltrailblazers over the past year! About 7 miles, and GROWING! More than 210 Acres of beautiful county-owned land! Nice riding! Intermediate trails - lots of log-crossings, rock gardens, some off-camber stuff - very enjoyable.

If you go to the tarheeltrailblazers.com website, you can find directions to the trailhead (check the forums and trails section of the site), along with tons of pictures taken while the trails were being built. I live less than a half-mile from these trails - I don't see how anyone could be disappointed!

Good luck and have fun!
Old 12-08-06, 05:56 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice to see the Charlotte thread kickin'
Old 12-08-06, 06:59 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Cyril
+1
Old 12-21-06, 09:01 AM
Tossed some weight

Bikes: '96 Specialized Rockhopper, '70's Fixed Fuji, '02 Organic Engines Troika Tandem Trike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm wondering about riding in the South Charlotte area (around Carowinds/Fort Mill). I am used to doing a weekly 30 mile greenway trail with kids, and see that there are a few short greenways scattered around the city. Anyone have first-hand exerience with the trails and could recommend a good long route?

I was hoping maybe there was a safe way (slow, wide back roads, etc) to get from the McAlpine Creek Trail to the Lower McAlpine Creek Trail by bike. It's a little hard to get a sense of the completion status that the trails are today, many of the maps I've found say things like "to be completed in 1999".

Any suggestions in general about the area and biking would be appreciated, as we consider our options with a relocation. Thanks!
Old 12-21-06, 09:34 AM
RustyTainte

Bikes: zilch

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
+2
Old 12-26-06, 11:25 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Ridin'? Or hidin'? Hope everyone's getting out and enjoying the great weather! Happy holidays!
Old 12-26-06, 12:07 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hidin' at work.. boooo
Old 12-26-06, 04:45 PM
Crazy Like a Daisy

Bikes: Giant OCR-3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can I come visit the Charlotte Thread? Seems there isn't much going on in Hick-town!

....and why am I in this handbasket?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.