Search
Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

anybody has a koga - miyata?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-06, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
anybody has a koga - miyata?

Just asking because those are sweet frames.
Old 09-06-06, 09:26 AM
spinlikehell

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
um - I ride one. Had it since last winter, and it has been superb. Stiff, really flickable when needed but also extremely easy to hold a straight line on a tight radius 143m indoor track with. Its even survived a recent 12 bike pile up with only a few minor scrapes - which is more than can be said for my ribs and left elbow
Only thing I don't like is the sloping top tube - I much prefer the look of trad geometry. And it was a pain in the rear to get shipped from Holland - I waited about 4 months for it to arrive.

mickster

Old 09-06-06, 06:07 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Dude that ride is sweet...!!!! thats a 56 frame right**********? Im just thinking since 2 years ago to get one but u know.. the money and stuff... how tall are u? Im asking because I know a store that has a 53/4 one and I really dont know if its too short for me. Old school stell frames im like a 56 but with these new ones u cant really tell whats the right size untill u see the frames in person or u give them a ride outside of the store.

UM

ps: do u have a picture of the fork to see how tight is it in relation with the wheel???
Old 09-07-06, 06:38 AM
spinlikehell

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's the large size (59cm). The top tube is equivalent to about a 58cm c-c traditional frame. I'm 6 foot 1, and have long legs and a short torso for that height, hence the large frame and the slight upwards pointing stem.

There's a fair amount of clearance at the fork - the tyres pictured are 21mm Vittoria pista tubs - you could definitely squeeze a 23mm in there if you really wanted as its not ultra tight. Sorry I haven't got a close up of teh fork and my cameras busted at the mo

mickster

Last edited by mickster; 09-07-06 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-07-06, 06:46 AM
spinlikehell

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
UM - found this photo - might be easier to see fork clearance.

mickster

Old 09-07-06, 03:42 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
59? wow... that means that maybe the 53 i found is too small for me... I havent seen a super tight fork in these new frames, wonder why... The tesch I have U cant put a 23 mms tubular at all... 2mms is super tight...

U have a sweet ride dude.. awesome... If i cant find a 56 in here im gonna have to flight to UK for one day and bring the darn frame my self, it would be chaper and faster than mail i guess... wonder if wifey might let me go for one day hehehehe...at least from here the tickets to the UK sometimes are like 150 bucks round trip for 2 days only so I think it worth it... thanks a lot eheheh sweet ride
Old 09-16-06, 11:48 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thats a seriously nice bike! What do you focus on more? Sprint stuff or endurance? I only ask because it looks like both, espssialy with the "oh my back" handle bar height! HAHAHA Im only razzzn' ya. I dig the Koga!

Quick healing too BTW, ive clean busted ribs before, your in for a loooooooooong heal.
Old 09-17-06, 11:20 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
My case both... u can all with one bike... as i always believed... if u are good enough u can win races using any junk...

And yes that bike is awesone, I saw one on MD last week, too smal for me but all the details are awesome. super light... nice finishing also.

UM
Old 09-18-06, 09:48 AM
spinlikehell

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CafeRacer
Thats a seriously nice bike! What do you focus on more? Sprint stuff or endurance? I only ask because it looks like both, espssialy with the "oh my back" handle bar height! HAHAHA Im only razzzn' ya. I dig the Koga!
Cafe: you nailed it - I use it for both. I'd been doing Derny training before the spill, hence the bar height; for sprints, I switch the spacer under the stem to the top which gets me down a touch more. But to be honest, the bike set up just reflects my weird body proportions - long legs and a short torso.

Originally Posted by CafeRacer
Quick healing too BTW, ive clean busted ribs before, your in for a loooooooooong heal.
yeah, cheers pal. Ribs are dealable but the elbow smash was a bad one. Am sporting lots of wire, pins etc and may be looking at another op in a few months time. But at least I can roller race this winter before going under the knife again

mickster
Old 09-18-06, 11:09 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Elbows arent so bad pending you dot smack it. I had a pin in mine before and it came out BENT! haha.
Old 09-19-06, 07:34 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I havent get any pin so far but I got a dislocated pattella... (yes!!! it hurts as sh....!!!!) that counts????