Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

MBK Mirage

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-06, 08:18 PM
For England.

Bikes: alp d'huez, giant ocr2, peugeot versailles, peugeot pkn10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MBK Mirage

I've just returned to the US after spending a month on the French Riviera. The bike I had ready access to was my dad's 1984? Motobecane (MBK) Mirage 18spd that fit, fortunately. And it was a damn good bike. It was a regular steel frame but weighed only 10,5 kilos. Handling was excellent. The frame was plenty stiff when climbing but had a supple, smooth ride. I liked how it had 700 wheels with plastic fenders and touring bars. It did have a rear Helicomatic hub which isn't supposed to be any good. And it did have SACHS Huret front and rear derailleurs but those worked well enough. Today I went out for a 40km ride on my '02 Alp D' Huez and found myself missing the MBK.