Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Wish I had my bike

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Wish I had my bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-06, 05:00 PM
OnTheRoad or AtTheBeach

Bikes: Ridley Noah RS, Scott CR1 Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wish I had my bike

I'm out in El Dorado Hills, CA this week on business and the weather is magnificant. I went to lunch today and sitting outside a deli was a 50pluser eating his lunch in full kit. Next to him was a nice Trek 5000 with all of the do dads and clearly looked ridden. My only thought was 'I sure wish I was him' Oh well, I grab the red eye tomorrow night so I should get a ride in on Friday. It's tough when the real world intrudes on your biking.

2013 Noah RS
Old 09-20-06, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stonecrd
It's tough when the real world intrudes on your biking.
Amen! I hear ya.
Old 09-20-06, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by stonecrd
I'm out in El Dorado Hills, CA this week on business and the weather is magnificant. I went to lunch today and sitting outside a deli was a 50pluser eating his lunch in full kit. Next to him was a nice Trek 5000 with all of the do dads and clearly looked ridden. My only thought was 'I sure wish I was him' Oh well, I grab the red eye tomorrow night so I should get a ride in on Friday. It's tough when the real world intrudes on your biking.
Wow, just down the road a bit from me. It has been nice riding weather.
Old 09-20-06, 06:10 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Whenever I see a road cyclist -- or any cyclist for that matter -- when I'm away from home/bike, I freak out. Unless I'm on my way to pick up a massive lottery check, I wish I was out there with them!

My least favorite time is when I'm stuck in traffic, and I see some riders going across a bridge that spans the freeway.
Old 09-20-06, 06:12 PM

Bikes: Trek 1500, Trek 7300FX, Cannondale RT3000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's even worse when you see your bike hanging in the garage every night after a twelve hour shift (for the last six or eight weeks, I lost count) and you're too pooped to pedal. I've only been able to ride on weekends lately. And then only if it hasn't been raining.