Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Sheesh, Pedestrians as Bad as Drivers!

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-06, 08:15 AM

Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bad enough I get crap from drivers on my short commutes,
now I'm even getting lame jibes from pedestrians!

9:00AM Sunday making a left into a shopping strip, I startled an overweight,
backpacking, older fellow crossing the street. I stopped and told him to pass on by,
that I wasn't going anywhere in any hurry. He continued on and said,
"That's not a very good idea to ride there." Looking over my shoulder as I made my
left turn I said, "You're crossing against the light, so what are YOU talking about?"
He just uttered a loud, heh-heh, which pretty much summed it all up.
Old 10-01-06, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts
That's where bad drivers come from, they're bad road users on foot or behind the wheel.

There are lots of people wanting to point the finger at something or someone else for problems, but rarely do they point it at themselves for improvement (and their improvement will be rare because of it).
Old 10-01-06, 02:07 PM
Every lane is a bike lane

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by closetbiker
That's where bad drivers come from, they're bad road users on foot or behind the wheel.

There are lots of people wanting to point the finger at something or someone else for problems, but rarely do they point it at themselves for improvement (and their improvement will be rare because of it).
Beautifully put. This is why I no longer bother engaging with drivers or pedestrians, either verbally or physically. It's much simpler to accept their incompetence for what it is, and focus on how I'll deal with it.

That is all.
Old 10-01-06, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris L
Beautifully put. This is why I no longer bother engaging with drivers or pedestrians, either verbally or physically. It's much simpler to accept their incompetence for what it is, and focus on how I'll deal with it.
Yeah, me too. I used to get mad about it but there's just no use to getting mad. The world is imperfect and it's best to deal with what you have, the best way you can and move on.
Old 10-01-06, 04:29 PM
Enjoy

Bikes: Trek 5200

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by closetbiker
Heh heh...hence the Bless me for I've sinned thread https://www.bikeforums.net/commuting/233255-bless-me-forum-i-have-sinned.html
Old 10-01-06, 04:41 PM

Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I wasn't particularly mad... not until his last utterance. He walked in front of me. I simply stopped while he slowly ambled across the road. Then, he saw me stop and sort of gasped in surprise. He stopped in his tracks, and I told him to continue, because we weren't in any hurry. I was nice as could be, even smiling. Then, the lame comment...
Old 10-01-06, 04:45 PM
CRIKEY!!!!!!!

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1589 Post(s)
Liked 687 Times in 365 Posts
Originally Posted by vrkelley
Heh heh...hence the Bless me for I've sinned thread https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=233255
If it were me in the OPs' situation I would have to go to the confession thread to atone for verbally tearing a few chubby strips of that future heart attack victim.