Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Atlanta/Decatur needs a LONG "What's Up" thread too!

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Atlanta/Decatur needs a LONG "What's Up" thread too!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-06, 01:18 PM
(((Fully Awake)))

Location: ~Serenading with sensous soliloquies whilst singing supple sentences that are simultaneously suppling my sonnets with serenity serendipitously.~ -Serendipper

Bikes: Guerciotti Pista-Giant Carbon-Bridgestone300- Batavus Type Champion Road Bike, Specialized Hardrock Commuter, On-One The Gimp (SS Rigid MTB/hit by a truck)- Raleigh Sports 3-speed,Gatsby Scorcher, comming soon...The Penny Farthing Highwheel!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTcommuter
Alright Serendipper!! We'll be riding regardless of the temperatures, so just dress in layers and wool and join us. And anyone else who's not doing anything on Sunday mid-day.
Sorry, man...the 24 Hour Race kicked my butt. (I did some support laps) My legs feel like little logs of lit kindling. Next time for sure.

Riding around Atlanta at 4:00 a.m. in 33 degree weather will teach you how to spin for warmth.

Anybody here go to the races?

無上甚深微妙法 .... 百千萬劫難遭遇..... 我今見聞得受持
Old 11-05-06, 03:54 PM
Easily distracted...

Bikes: Surley Cross Check

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Serendipper
Riding around Atlanta at 4:00 a.m. in 33 degree weather will teach you how to spin for warmth.

I'm impressed, that race is tougher than I could handle. I was riding to pizza from the Stomp & Chomp and saw some riders go by. It was around 7:30pm outside of Little Five and they were flying.
Old 11-05-06, 06:12 PM
I am not a car

Bikes: Giant Revel 1, Surly Ogre

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I went last night and this morning and did some spectating. Some serious riders (over 170 entered, 30+ teams) putting in some tight times for an urban route; the best I heard was 28 minutes for a 10 mile route--and that includes punching a lapcard at 5 checkpoints.
Old 11-05-06, 07:01 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Map tester
I went last night and this morning and did some spectating. Some serious riders (over 170 entered, 30+ teams) putting in some tight times for an urban route; the best I heard was 28 minutes for a 10 mile route--and that includes punching a lapcard at 5 checkpoints.
Dang - on any intown route, that's impressive!

Jake - a bunch of us do the Melton's ride on suspension bikes, so you don't have to worry about the roads as much, or swerving to avoid a pothole. I only did it on that bike once, and it was Halloween, so it might have been an especially slow-paced night, but I think I'll be able to keep up on a regular basis. If you stay with a group, you get that safety-in-numbers factor, and the cars will see you. It's fun, so think about it.

Look!!!!!!!!!! Seven pages, and still talking about rides!
Old 11-05-06, 10:31 PM
Look ma...no brakes!

Bikes: Locally built track bike, Kona mtb, Giant Road Bike, Soon to be Surly LHT Tourer!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just got home. I went to ATL for the 24 hour race with 4 friends from Tallahassee...that cold shreds your lungs. All 5 of us were fixed with no brakes so we didn't stand a chance against the squids but we pulled in 30 laps. I'll be sleeping in tommorow for sure.
Old 11-06-06, 12:52 PM

Bikes: '07 Pedal Force QS2 , '10 Specialized Epic 29er Comp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's my wife I need to convince about night riding, I kind of enjoy it. Are you guys riding tomorrow? If so, I might try to talk my way into the ride.
Old 11-06-06, 01:00 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
90% chance of rain tomorrow night. Might not be riding it this week. Tell the wife to come on out next week if the weather's good. It's a nice group.
Old 11-06-06, 02:19 PM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Serendipper
Sorry, man...the 24 Hour Race kicked my butt.

NO!!! No one told me about it. Sounds like I missed a good time.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 11-06-06, 03:28 PM
Eternal Cat3 Rookie

Bikes: 2004 Giant TCR2 Composite & 2006 Fuji Touring

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yeah, probably not going to be a big turnout tomorrow night. there will be *some* crazies out there, but maybe just 4 or 5 people. It looks like the Thursday ride will be a nice ride though, reasonable temps and no rain, but it's a little faster and hillier, though you shouldn't have a problem. I'm going to do my best to rearrange my work schedule to get Thursday night off.
Old 11-06-06, 03:42 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by branman1986
yeah, probably not going to be a big turnout tomorrow night. there will be *some* crazies out there, but maybe just 4 or 5 people. It looks like the Thursday ride will be a nice ride though, reasonable temps and no rain, but it's a little faster and hillier, though you shouldn't have a problem. I'm going to do my best to rearrange my work schedule to get Thursday night off.
What do you think for Thursday - winter road bike or mountain bike with slicks?
Old 11-06-06, 04:35 PM
Eternal Cat3 Rookie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd say mtn bikes are okay for tuesday, but the two hills at the end on thursdays would be much easier on a road bike
Old 11-07-06, 10:28 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dang --- I assumed it was going to rain all night, so I agreed to work late. Now I see the chance of rain at 7pm is down to 30%. Oh well. See y'all next week.
Old 11-07-06, 11:50 AM
Eternal Cat3 Rookie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
it'll probably still be nasty out though, I'll leave it for the die-hards
Old 11-07-06, 11:28 PM
(((Fully Awake)))

Location: ~Serenading with sensous soliloquies whilst singing supple sentences that are simultaneously suppling my sonnets with serenity serendipitously.~ -Serendipper

Bikes: Guerciotti Pista-Giant Carbon-Bridgestone300- Batavus Type Champion Road Bike, Specialized Hardrock Commuter, On-One The Gimp (SS Rigid MTB/hit by a truck)- Raleigh Sports 3-speed,Gatsby Scorcher, comming soon...The Penny Farthing Highwheel!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by branman1986
it'll probably still be nasty out though, I'll leave it for the die-hards
I had my rainsuit and new winterbike all ready to ride with y'all after voting, but I was too late.

Nobody was there. So I went to Publix and loaded up the bike with cereal and soymilk (sale on Cheerios!).

________________________________________________________________________________________

無上甚深微妙法 .... 百千萬劫難遭遇..... 我今見聞得受持
Old 11-09-06, 10:03 PM
(((Fully Awake)))

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey...where did everybody go???
Old 11-10-06, 06:53 AM

Bikes: Rossin Track Bike,Canondale Track, RB-1, Ridley Crossbow, Felt Breed, Felt Sector 24

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm here!
Old 11-10-06, 08:27 AM
Life is good

We're all here. Just enjoying the splendid weather.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 11-10-06, 08:52 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm here. Enjoying my cheerios and soymilk too. Need to pack up a bike for shipping over the weekend. Anyone know where I can get some corrugated sheets of plastic? I want to reinforce the cardboard box.

Hey Brandon - I saw that Longhorn's has Pomegranite Margheritas!

Last edited by Pedal Wench; 11-10-06 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-10-06, 12:38 PM
Eternal Cat3 Rookie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pomegranites are taking over! They've gotta be stopped!
Old 11-10-06, 04:10 PM
(((Fully Awake)))

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pedal Wench
Anyone know where I can get some corrugated sheets of plastic? I want to reinforce the cardboard box.

!
The shipping dump at America'sMart or any retail mall store will hook you up.
Old 11-11-06, 04:00 PM
(((Fully Awake)))

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Crazy midnight ride/race tonight in the city of Atlanta.

Check https://www.fastermustache.org for details. It will be a cold and fast ride, so prepare accordingly.
Old 11-12-06, 05:26 AM
Asshat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey I didn't know about this thread!
Old 11-12-06, 07:00 AM
Life is good

We've been here having a good time while you've been spending WAY TOO MUCH time on SS/Fixie forum.

Old 11-12-06, 02:43 PM
Life is good

Any Atl locals want some FREE DH / mtn bike gloves? LG Ergoair, size XL. Worn twice.
Similar to first picture (all black) but with velcro wrist closure like the gloves in second picture.
I bought them last spring thinking they would be good for days when the temperature was ~45F - 55F and a full finger glove would be nice. They aren't very warm. I guess they are designed for protecting the hands from bushes, branches, etc when mountain biking.

<edit> TAKEN. </edit>

Old 11-13-06, 08:33 AM
Easily distracted...

Bikes: Surley Cross Check

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had some great rides this weekend. Rode to Palmetto then back through the Hill Country on Friday. And up to Dunwoody on Sunday to hear a talk by a birder from Panama. Great weather all around and I got to explore some really neat roads in the city. I was dreading the ride up to Dunwoody, but there's actually a really easy route with nothing bigger than a state route on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.