Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Sun XC Rim

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-03, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sun XC Rim

Hey has anyone had experience with SUN XC rims? Their light 412 compared to the Mavic 517 and are reasonablypriced. I do XC and some trail riding and was wondering how these rims perform. And if anyone has any cheap/decent wheels they want to sell Im open, along hubs in the LX or XT range 32 or 36 hole. Thanks
Old 04-01-03, 09:25 AM
NOT a weight weenie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a set of Sun Sub IV rims with XT hubs including skewers NON DISC if you are interested. The rims weigh 390 grams each. They have about 180 miles on them 139 of it on pavement. They are yours for $80 you cover shipping.
They have been on a second bike (Breezer Jet Stream) and it mostly sits in the shop for Ew Ahh effect. They have been on this bike for over two years.
Old 04-01-03, 10:13 PM
Zippy Engineer

Bikes: Bianchi 928, Bianchi Pista Concept 2004, Surly Steamroller, 1998 Schwinn Factory Team Homegrown, 1999 Schwinn Homegrown Factory, 2000 Schwinn Panther, Niner EMD9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have Sun rims on all three of my bikes, our shop manager has 'em on all 8 or so of his. No problems whatsoever. The UFO is the newer light one. The Sub IV is a pretty sweet rim as well. I'm running 0 degree XC and the Venus for the road.