Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Winter Cycling
Reload this Page >

my winter bike plan

Search
Notices
Winter Cycling Don't let snow and ice discourage you this winter. The key element to year-round cycling is proper attire! Check out this winter cycling forum to chat with other ice bike fanatics.

my winter bike plan

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-06, 07:52 AM
this one's optimistic...

Bikes: cannondale r400 2006 kona smoke 2005 scott cr1 team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my winter bike plan

this is my first winter. mainly im going to be using the bike(s) to ride to work but will take an occasional spin here and there when the roads are nicer. for the riding im doing in any weather ive decided to go with 3 bikes instead of one. im going to use my kona smoke for all the rain, snow, slush days. on the days when it isnt so rainy or the roads are clean im going to use cannondale r400 then on the days when the weather is perfect and im going to get out for a normal ride i will go with my scott cr1 team ill let everyone know how it goes.

opinions?
Old 11-01-06, 09:05 AM

Bikes: Pugsley, fixie commuter, track bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It is useful to have multiple bikes to make it easier to have the right tires for he conditions. On the days when snow or ice is likely then studded tires are very useful. However many days will mearly be wet so its helpful to have a bike with full fenders and good commuting slicks. If you like you can get out the nice bike for those few days where the roads are dry but I find I leave my fair weather bike in the rafters until at least March.
This year I am thinking of using my Pugsley as my snow bike and my fixed touring bike as the everyday ride. The Pugsley makes studded tires unnecessary.
Craig