Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

New problem for me since I got a recumbent

Search
Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-03, 07:03 PM

Bikes: Sun Bicylces EZ Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who would have thought that his would happen?

When I ride with friends who ride upright bikes, they want to give my bike a try and then they don't want to give it back and I wind up riding theirs. Ouch! They make my butt hurt!

The good side is that it just makes me love my new bent more than ever!

Does this happen to anyone else?

I've got to find some bent riders to ride with.
Old 04-19-03, 02:16 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No i dont have this problem.None of the upright riders will go near my bike.The only one that did couldnt ride it and give up with a digusted look.
Old 04-19-03, 02:17 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry disgusted
Old 05-07-03, 02:00 PM
N_C
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Has not happened to me yet. But even if I was asked the answer would be a firm no. I don't quite know what it is or why but I just would not trust anyone else to ride any bike of mine, no matter who they are.

The weird thing is I have no problem letting people borrow any one of my 2 motor vehicles, so long as it is for a good reason. But when it comes to mine and my wife's bikes, absolutely not!
Old 05-07-03, 08:29 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My bike is an EZ-1 SC Lite and it is very easy to ride because of its long wheel base so everyone wants to try it. And, they are able to ride it right away.

Unfortunately I won't be able to ride it for a few weeks because I broke my leg the last time I took it out. But, as crazy as it sounds, I can't wait to get back on it!

On the mend...
Old 05-07-03, 10:56 PM
N_C
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Um hypno, how did you break your leg while you were riding you 'bent? Hit by car? A fall? What?
Old 06-01-03, 02:34 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Since mine is a homebuilt TE clone with remote steering, only other bent riders have ever asked to ride it. The LWB and the 20" wheel make it pretty twitchy for any beginner. Had lots of admirers, but none who wanted to ride it.

It is fun, however, when I fully fair my bike, and go on a Metric Century. I always start at the back of the pack, mostly for my own protection. The last one I rode I finished 70 miles in 3 hrs and 15 min, with an AVS of 22.0 mph. Don't think that didn't have a few roadies giving me some looks, but none had enough courage to ask for a ride. It is even more gratifying that I can move a 50 lb street HPV and keep up with the young bucks at my age. On top of that, it's just fun to go fast!
Old 06-02-03, 04:53 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ive let a couple folks ride mine. as mine isnt really anything to worry about breaking (even if it does i dont have but time into it, not much money) one guy went about 20 ft and put his feet down and said something about never before found a bike he couldnt ride. he was way to stiff, i dont think he could of rode a upright if he tried to ride it the way he did my bike
now once i get down to my goal weight and i get me a EZ1 that i want i dont know if i would as even the cheaper EZ1s are a lot of money for this poor boy
Old 06-02-03, 11:44 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello N_C

Regarding the leg...

I was heading down the path, and it was straight, when I hit a bump in the road that caused my water bottles to jump out of their cages. I quickly hit both brakes and that is when I lost control of the bike. I was probably going about 14 mph when I attempted to brake. I pulled out of my clipless pedals and went down on my left side. I tried to stop my fall with my left foot, which got pulled underneath me and I landed on top of it.

At first I thought I had sprained it. But when I pulled it out from underneath me I could see that it was pointed in the wrong direction and that it was at least dislocated. Fortunately, I had my cell phone with me. I always carry it with me when I am on my bike, especially when I am going to be riding alone.

I spent 5 weeks in a cast and now I have one of those removable plastic ones. I'm using a can half time (probably should use it more than I do). I healing quickly and hope to be on the road sometime this summer.

The bike was not injured (thank God!). It only has three rides on it. Hmmm I mean 2 and a half. I didn't finish the last one because of my foot pointing the wrong direction and I had to ride in the ambulance.

I'm feeling great now, just wish I could get out and ride today it is going to be a prefect 72 degrees.

Be safe,
The gimp