Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

What bike is this?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

What bike is this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-03, 06:38 PM
Bike for life.

Bikes: KHS Alite 1000 mtb, Bianchi Celeste Campione, all Campy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What bike is this?

Hello All,

My son learned to ride a bike a couple of weeks ago, so I took the plunge and got us all a bike. I took two bikes back that I bought for myself, from WalMart. One was a Next brand comfort bike, I didn't like the 7 speed only aspect. The other was a Mongoose MR 100. The shifters felt cheap.

Finally, I have a friend who owns a Pawn shop. He had a GT brand bike out front, he bought if from a friend who rode it for one summer and sold it to him because he was moving, and had no interest in it anymore. This was a family guy, he got bikes for the whole bunch, and spent a ton of money on it. My friend, Warren, said that the bike shop sold this bike for $575.00. The paint job says GT Aggressor 3.0, but the frame is definitely a Moto frame, BMX type, aluminum frame. All of the Aggressor models that I looked at had the road bike, 10-speed type of frame. This one does not have that frame. The only frame that I found like this at the GT bikes web site was the Moto model.

It has the Kalloy adjustable neck handle bars, 3 speed crank, 7 speed cassette, all Shimano. It has MRX grip shifters, which are really nice compared to the cheaper ones that I have seen. It also has the gel seat, and the UNO shock pole for the seat. I am happy with it. I got the bike for $200.00. I hope that I did good on the deal. Best - Ted
Old 04-17-03, 07:55 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www.bicyclerevolution.com/20gtag30moun.html

Is this it?
Old 04-18-03, 06:58 AM
Oh God, He's back!

Bikes: Paramount

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
More importantly than the bike is that you and your son have the chance to enjoy a sport together...FANTASTIC!!!!

Welcome to the forum and WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION!!!!
Old 04-18-03, 07:35 PM
Bike for life.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Roadie, you are exactly right. We are getting to spend much more time together every day. Today is the only day that I have not ridden at least for one hour since last Saturday.

BTW, the reason that I could not identify the frame is because it is the XS size. It is really a Moto frame, slightly smaller than the regular frame. I can't understand why the Moto model sells for over twice as much as the Aggressor model.

Being the extreme anal perfectionist that I am, the XS frame size is starting to get in my craw. I am only 5ft 5 1/2 inches tall, with somewhat short arms, so the XS isn't reallly "that" small on me. I guess that now I have a reason to get another bike for Fathers day, or Christmas, or Labor Day or whatever occasion when I decide to do it. I have decided that I must still be riding daily in six months in order to justify another bike toy. Best - Ted
Old 04-18-03, 07:45 PM
Kev

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just one thing Terminator, a bike is not a toy

I know I love riding with my son, he is having a hard time learning to ride on his own.. progressing slowly he is just so afraid of falling. When I take him to a field by our house he does fine, but on the road/sidewalk he gets to nervous.. But I got a tag-a-long type bike that attaches to mine so we go for a ride atleast once a week, my work schedule prohibits doing it much more often at the moment.
Old 04-18-03, 08:46 PM
Bike for life.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kev, I understand what you are going through. My son and I are taking rides through the residential area that I live in. Very, very low traffic. Lots of 4 way stop signs. One week after he started riding, we went on a 10 mile ride on the Silver Comet Trail here where I live in Dallas, Georgia. I am sure that you have heard of the old C&S railway bed that has been converted to a bike trail.

On Drew's second day, I went and bought a set of elbow, knee and wrist pads in the rollerblading section of WalMart. With this, and long pants, he knew it was OK to fall, he would be protected better with the equipment, and his helment. He would not wear the pads when we went on our trail ride. Who knows, this may help your son as well. Best - Ted