Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

How to use a Garmin Edge for running.

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-06, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts

I know this is somewhat off topic, however, I also know I'm not the only one who runs either to cross train or for tri's.

I was going to get a forerunner but it was knawing at me not to spend another couple hundred on a gps device. I knew the Egde would work for running, the only problem was securing it somehow. I spent an hour google'ing for something that would work and just found a bunch of people asking the same question but no answers. Once I found something I decided to post it for everyone.

So I spent a few hours looking for cases and a few cell cases could have done the job however I found one that was perfect:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1142294228268

The DLO Action Jacket for Sansa e250 MP3 Player. Its a perfect size, has a clip and armband, and also has a perfect viewing area for the stats. I tried it running and it worked like a charm, heart rate and pace stats worked beautifully. It was pricey at $30, however I saved a couple hundred just staying with the Edge.