Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Regional Forums Question/Suggestion

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-07, 12:56 PM
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1491 Post(s)
Liked 1,090 Times in 638 Posts

Would it be possible to allow a member to select one, or possibly two regional forums (some people live close to boundaries), and have it/them be displayed as separate forums under where the Regional Forums now display?

Last edited by USAZorro; 01-02-07 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-02-07, 07:14 PM
NFL Owner

Bikes: 7-Eleven Eddy Merckx, Vitus Futural, Catamount FRS, Colnago SL, SS MTB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
I believe the only way to single out a specific forum with the current software in use is to subscribe to the forum. Then when you access UserCP, your subscribed forums are listed for you.
Old 01-02-07, 08:40 PM
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
Joe's always looking for ideas on how to make the forum better. I'll add your idea to the list and see where it goes from there. Personally, I think it's a pretty good idea. Don't know how easily (if at all) it can be done though. As a programmer I know that sometimes the "simple" things on the surface are the hardest when you get to the workings of it all.
Old 01-03-07, 08:59 AM
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1491 Post(s)
Liked 1,090 Times in 638 Posts
Originally Posted by cuda2k
Joe's always looking for ideas on how to make the forum better. I'll add your idea to the list and see where it goes from there. Personally, I think it's a pretty good idea. Don't know how easily (if at all) it can be done though. As a programmer I know that sometimes the "simple" things on the surface are the hardest when you get to the workings of it all.
I'm a programmer too. I know exactly what you mean. I figure the request is a longshot, and perhaps the subscription service might supercede it, but I am not familiar with this new DSS (did I get that right?) application. I know the old subscription application would simply fill the mailbox up with information about posts that might be 2 minutes old, or 6 hours old.
Old 01-03-07, 09:07 AM
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
It's RSS, and I haven't played with it much either. I've heard some interesting things and I plan to mess with it some more today. Joe says he's been using it lately to stay up to date with what's happening in the mods area so he stays in the loop even though he's been busy with other things.
Old 01-03-07, 01:25 PM
NFL Owner

Bikes: 7-Eleven Eddy Merckx, Vitus Futural, Catamount FRS, Colnago SL, SS MTB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
The RSS feeds could be cool, as one would be able to read all posts from the subscribed forum in a feed reader.

When using the Subscribe feature I mentioned before, there's an option to turn off email notification.