Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

Lance dominates final TT

Search
Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Lance dominates final TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-01, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lance dominates final TT

I was watching the TIME TRIAL this morning on TV and it was amazing seeing Armstrong dominate the rest of the field like he did.

I also liked the statement he made after the TT.
"I always feel it's important for the maillot jaune to race the final time trial with 100 percent effort, and prove that he's the best rider in the race and that he deserves to win the Tour de France."

Old 07-27-01, 01:49 PM
Marcy S

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Hey JP, did you happen to see that awesome commercial with Lance defending all allogations with him and doping? The commercial shows him riding his bike during his daily ride and then he turns his bike into his garage and he says something like, "people ask me what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike for 6 hours a day. What are YOU on?".

Wow, every time I see this commercial I just smile!!!

Old 07-27-01, 06:32 PM
riding a Pinarello Prince

Bikes: Pinarello, Prince and an FP5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Marcy S
Hey JP, did you happen to see that awesome commercial with Lance defending all allogations with him and doping? The commercial shows him riding his bike during his daily ride and then he turns his bike into his garage and he says something like, "people ask me what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike for 6 hours a day. What are YOU on?".

Wow, every time I see this commercial I just smile!!!
Yes, I am in ttotal agreement with the statement of Lance,
Old 07-27-01, 06:44 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's a great commercial.
People always question how he can do so well at the Tour. He specifically trains for this race. He'll do a few other races to see where he stands fitness wise but he tries to peak just as the Tour is starting.
After the TT he mentioned that he had ridden the exact same route used during the TT six times this year so he knew every turn of the course.
He spends most of the Year in Europe doing the climbs which will be used during the Tour. Basically he has already ridden most of the Tour before it has even begun. That's a big advantage over his competition. Ullrich may be the most talented rider in the world but he does not have the work ethic or the mental toughness of Armstrong. As long as this holds true, Ullrich will remain the equivalent of the Buffalo Bills in Cycling.
Old 07-28-01, 02:57 AM
sax

Bikes: Lemond Chambery carbon road bike, Merlin Titanium MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Basically:

Lance is the ****, and his posters in my room serve as a reminder to keep pushing my limits.

sax
Old 07-28-01, 03:51 AM
Every lane is a bike lane

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
It was amazing! I have never before seen a dude in a time trial who had time to have a bath, give interviews, chat with fans, arrange some stock options, get blind drunk, and still have time to get back on the bike and win the stage. This dude is awesome!

Chris

That is all.