Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Stupid pedestrians Stupid me

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-07, 02:57 AM
Paste Taster

Bikes: , Jury Bike, Moto Outcast 29, Spicer standard track frame and spicer custom steel sprint frame.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

me going too fast mind you I had lights on and all they run out in the middle of the road and freeze me no tim eto react a fat lip and some bust knuckles later I am on the ground bleeding yay
Old 01-13-07, 03:20 AM
:jarckass:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
and the idiot people? I hope they were bleeding too.
Old 01-13-07, 04:20 AM
pavement+face=<3

Bikes: heavy ****ty haro bmx, mercier kilo tt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
today i was riding through the panhandle and as i passed this group of peds their friggen tiny dog jumped in front of me. i swerved & went barrelling into the grass but luckily i stayed up. never ridden road bike-style tires in grass so i wasn't sure if i'd eat **** or not....phew. damn people need to walk on the right pathway. that's why there is a ped-only path!!!
Old 01-13-07, 04:53 AM
Long haired freak.

Bikes: 2011 SE Old Man Flyer.

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This summer I was practicing a trail before a DH race, it says right at the bottom of the trail on a sign and painted on the exit 'NO HIKING PERMITTED!' But, tourists being the dicks they are decided it didnt apply to them.

I saw them coming up the trail, and the were holding steady, they were not going to move to the side even, they wanted me to. The guy on the 50lb bike, going decently fast, where he has the right of way is supposed to pull over for some *** guzzling tourists? **** that, I figure i'm in full armor, I wont get hurt. So I tug my front brake as hard as I can and fling myslef over the bars, bear hugging on of the gits and bringing them down with me.

We were both fine, but they sure as **** got off of the trail fast.

EDIT: I also did my best war cry as I flew at them.

"the bus came by and I got on, that's when it all began...there was Cowboy Neal at the wheel of a bus to never-ever land."

Old 01-13-07, 07:20 AM
Team Sohoku

Bikes: BMC, Cannondale, '87 Nishiki Modulus, 3Rensho Keirin

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^^^ I'd pay to see that...well...not from the hiker's perspective.

The park I ride at night has dual lanes, one for peds, one for bikes. Without fail I encounter some ******bag walking/jogging in the bike lane with no lights or reflective tape. There's been more than a few near accidents.

If I'm able to see a stealth-mode ped in my lane and can react soon enough, you can bet that I buzz them a bit as a little wake-up call. Also, I like dogs...on the whole they're pretty cool animals, but sadistically, I would love to mulch one of those little yapping lap rats that the stupid iPod wearing walkers are too busy to make sure they stay clear of the bike lane when I yell "ON YER LEFT!!!"

Retem--you should have busted your other knuckles on one of their faces to prove a point.
Old 01-13-07, 08:21 AM
ambassador of good will

Bikes: many.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Riding home last night I passed a Corgie that was just jogging along on the trail by himself. He had a collar on and looked healthy. As I rode up next to him I said "where you going, buddy?". He totally ignored me and just kept trotting along, his tongue flapping a bit. It was like I rode my way onto the set of some epic Disney boy+dog movie or something.

You're lucky you or the ped weren't more badly injured. I've heard of peds being killed by collisions w/ messengers; not something anyone needs to spend the rest of their life thinking about.
Old 01-13-07, 11:50 AM
Paste Taster

Bikes: , Jury Bike, Moto Outcast 29, Spicer standard track frame and spicer custom steel sprint frame.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deathhare
and the idiot people? I hope they were bleeding too.
nah the one I hit was fine I broke her glasses and she bounced off the ground word to the wise never cross the street single file mmk
Old 01-13-07, 12:07 PM
blacksheep the blemish

Bikes: 1973 Schwinn World Voyageur (manufactured by panasonic), Italvega Super Speciale (fixed, primary ride now), Kona 2004 JTS 10 spd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wethepeople
I figure i'm in full armor, I wont get hurt. So I tug my front brake as hard as I can and fling myslef over the bars
This has got to be the most ridiculous move I have ever heard of. Maybe it's because I've never worn full body armor but JESUS MAN.
Old 01-13-07, 12:44 PM
>>>>>>>>>

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This summer I was practicing a trail before a DH race, it says right at the bottom of the trail on a sign and painted on the exit 'NO HIKING PERMITTED!' But, tourists being the dicks they are decided it didnt apply to them.

I saw them coming up the trail, and the were holding steady, they were not going to move to the side even, they wanted me to. The guy on the 50lb bike, going decently fast, where he has the right of way is supposed to pull over for some *** guzzling tourists? **** that, I figure i'm in full armor, I wont get hurt. So I tug my front brake as hard as I can and fling myslef over the bars, bear hugging on of the gits and bringing them down with me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 01-13-07, 01:53 PM
live free or die trying

Bikes: bianchi pista workhorse, cannondale r1000, mountain bike fixed conversion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by *new*guy
I've heard of peds being killed by collisions w/ messengers;
**********??!!!?!?!!?!!?!?!?!
Old 01-13-07, 04:15 PM
/\/\ \/\/

Bikes: 2007 Trek 6000, others

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by humancongereel
**********??!!!?!?!!?!!?!?!?!
https://au.news.yahoo.com/060829/23/10bsx.html
https://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...617253330.html

Well, not exactly a messenger, but it happens.
Old 01-13-07, 08:40 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

aaaaaaaaaaamazing!
Old 01-13-07, 08:47 PM
pavement+face=<3

Bikes: heavy ****ty haro bmx, mercier kilo tt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

quality material...AWESOME
Old 01-13-07, 09:24 PM
I scream for ice cream.

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When I first got back into riding there was a MUP near my house and me not knowing any better, thought that would be the perfect place to get into the swing of things. The only thing that trail was good for was learning how stupid people were. From the rollerbladers that take up the entire path to the iPod'ers with dogs and coffee, it was an adventure just making it around them, nevermind getting back up to par cycling-wise.

I moved to the city and much prefer riding on the street, go figure.