Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hi Ya'll

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-07, 08:41 PM

Bikes: Fandango DC-9 Mtb Tandem,Co-Motion Supremo,Trek T-1000 tandem, Specialized Allez Elite, Dolce,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Ya'll

Just joined after spending much time reading but not being able to reply. My wife and I bought our Trek T-1000 tandem from Richardson Bike Mart in Dallas. It is the most incredible bike shop I have ever been in. We have read and learned much from the forum. Unfortunately for us, we are the only tandem we know of in our area (Beaumont,Tx.) and their does not seem to be a lot of tandem riders in the Houston area where we travel to often. If any in our area read this, drop us an email.

The the tandem has been great for us. My wife really enjoys the fact that she will not get dropped. The conversation time is great also. We have 2 teenage daughters and spending time together and finding time to ride are not easy. When we do ride, we ride for enjoyment. Both in our 40's, we know our competitive days are over. Sometimes though we can still hold our own for a short distance!

Anyway, we hope to get to know many of you through the wonders of technology and maybe see you on the road somewhere!
Old 01-22-07, 09:15 PM
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
moonwalker - Welcome to BikeForums! I've been eyeing some of those tandems that RBM had sitting out in front myself for me and the wife. However I barely have room to store the 4 single frames that I have right now, let alone a tandem.

There are lots of folks from the Dallas are here on BikeForums. Many of us frequent the RBM saturday rides and others also join the PBA rides on the weekend as well as during the week.

Enjoy the stay, and be sure to stop by the Southwest Regional forum where we organize group rides periodically.
Old 01-22-07, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
welcome 2/u!
check out "tandems east" .com/gov/etc... they are based here in s nj but tour/explore nationally and internationally. there's probably a site here at bf for tandems as well.
enjoy the ride!
tomg