Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Winter Cycling
Reload this Page >

Looking for a jacket

Notices
Winter Cycling Don't let snow and ice discourage you this winter. The key element to year-round cycling is proper attire! Check out this winter cycling forum to chat with other ice bike fanatics.

Looking for a jacket

Old 02-05-07, 04:51 PM
Guadzilla

Bikes: Pinarello F4:13 W/Campy Reecord & Blue RC6 W/SRAM Force

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Looking for a jacket

I think I'm probably hosed. I've been looking around for a PI Barrier jacket most of the day and havent had a lot of luck. I almost bought one from Performance yesterday but didnt have my wallet handy figuring I'd just order it this morning. This morning, they are out of my size. I've checked the usual suspects, Nashbar, Colorado Cyclist, etc looking for one in my size (XL) and haven't had any luck.

Can anyone suggest a comparable alternative or maybe someone that might have the Barrier in stock? I hit up all the LBS's around here today and other than some LG thinner jackets and some PI Vagabonds, I couldnt find anything in my size. If you aren't a small or a medium, this is the wrong time of year to be buying a jacket but I just havent needed it until now.

Thanks
Old 02-05-07, 09:35 PM

Bikes: Trek 7100 2005 Kestrel Talon

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ride in 20 degree weather with a Descente shelter jacket with a short sleeve jersey. I think this is a great bike jacket.

Billy
Old 02-06-07, 10:10 AM
Solo Rider, always DFL

Bikes: Cannondale T800, Schwinn Voyageur

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not sure what color/size you were looking for, or where you are located, but www.paragonsports.com has them, on sale for fifty-six bucks.

If you are in the New York area, you can pick it up in person without tax. I got mine last summer on sale, and paid more than that. It looks like the only one they have in stock is blue, in size Small.
Old 02-06-07, 10:56 AM

Bikes: Specalized Tri-Cross

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JayC
I think I'm probably hosed. I've been looking around for a PI Barrier jacket most of the day and havent had a lot of luck.

Thanks
Did you check behind the couch?