Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Funding may come up short for new bridge.

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-07, 03:09 PM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm going to try this again, with the hopes of it staying on topic & on track.

It sounds like because of Dakota Dunes dragging their feet the funding may come up short. A lot of the residents did & still do not want the bridge to connect the 2 sides anyway. They think trail users are going to steal their big screen TV's & & ride away with them strapped to the back of their bicycles.

Sioux City bent over backwards & did way to much political compromising to get the bridge funded & built.

I can't help but wonder if because of the resistance the CID board is being influenced to drage their feet on their end of the funding.

I must say as much of a disappointment as it was for Sioux City to politically compromise, which I expressed to the Siouxland Trails Foundation & the Sioux City Parks & Rec. Dept., as well as post about it here, this is down right angering. On the Sioux City side of the river we more or less kissed ass to make this happen & now that the Dakota Dunes side has had the pleasure of us doing that they are still dragging this out. What more do they want? Do they want us to go beyond kissing their asses? Thankfully that decision on the Sioux City side is not up to me. If it were there would not have been any ass kissing in the first place. One reason is the most recent problems with this. It goes along with give an inch they'll take a mile.

Here is the story from bikeiowa.com: https://www.bikeiowa.com/asp/hotnews/...sp?NewsID=1982

What do you think? Anyone ever have to deal with this in their community? I know we have a former politician or 2 in the forums, what do you suggest? Should the people on the SIoux City side continue to kiss ass & beyond or let it go if the funding goal is not accomplished?
Old 02-06-07, 04:50 PM
Perineal Pressurized

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Again, here's a quarter
This is Africa, 1943. War spits out its violence overhead and the sandy graveyard swallows it up. Her name is King Nine, B-25, medium bomber, Twelfth Air Force. On a hot, still morning she took off from Tunisia to bomb the southern tip of Italy. An errant piece of flak tore a hole in a wing tank and, like a wounded bird, this is where she landed, not to return on this day, or any other day.
Old 02-06-07, 05:42 PM
Pedaled too far.

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
It's a bit beyond my ken, but why don't you try asking Judge Buddy Villines. He spearheaded the effort to build the Big Dam Bridge, a bicycle/pedestrian bridge over the Arkansas River and complete bike paths on both sides of the river in two different cities.