Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

New Clyde in Shreveport, La

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-07, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey gents,

Guess by defualt I will be joining your club. Pretty psyched about it, really. Getting back into biking after a 20ish year hiatus, and looking forward to the freedom and health benifits i.e. weight loss. I have been lurking here over the past 2 months or so and have enjoyed the wealth of info everyone has provided esp on equipment selection/choices and training programs. About me-

Simi-Active lifestyle
Male
5'8"
210 lbs
distance runner in high school/college

Over the last few months been researching various bikes/bike styles. Finally settled on a 2007 Lemond Tourmalet w/ a double chain ring. LBS has be great to deal with thus far. Bike was orderd on Monday, so it should arrive on Friday, hopefully have it fitted on Saturday. I rode a 06 Felt F80, Felt Z90, OCR A1, OCR2, Reno, and Etape. I guess i have a type A personality but the poorer shifting of lower end components was like someone running their fingers down a chalk board. Perhaps im a little Type A. Ill post pictures of the whole set up once i get it home. Any other Lemond riders out there? Seems like a bunch of Giant, C'dale, and Trek folks.

Cheers-
Mike
Old 02-07-07, 03:16 PM
Perma-Clyde

Bikes: Trek Hybrid 7200

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
At 210 you wont be here long, but welcome anyway. Grab some fried chicken and take a seat.
Old 02-08-07, 12:24 AM

Bikes: 70's Motobecane, 89 Centurion Ironman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome Tignbc! Im in BC as well. im 5'8" and down to 200 at the moment . I have a couple old steel bikes from the 80's that I ride. A Fuji Roubaix and a Centurion Ironman. My Fuji is purple and I have yellow bar tape on it but looking for some LSU gold color tape to really set it off! I usually ride on the trail by Centurytell but have been thinkin bout riding to Natchitoches and back when the days get a little longer. Hwy 1 dont seem to be so busy with most folks driving I-49.
Old 02-08-07, 01:09 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dahoss,
Dig the nickname, I didnt know someone in my own back yard would be in this group. Way cool! Im rather new to the local area (military transplant), but i hope to get out and meet a lot of folks and do some fun rides with the bros. I actually live out by Louisiana Downs (stockwell area), I know im going to start out slow, but once I get into a resonable fitness level perhaps we should hit the roads. Im sure you know of some good places to ride.

Cheers-
Mike
Old 02-08-07, 09:54 AM
Parttime Member

Bikes: 2021 Cannondale Topstone Neo SL, 2021 Tesoro Neo SL EQ, 2012 Marin Bridgeway City; 1996 Cannondale MT1000 tandem

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by (51)
At 210 you wont be here long, but welcome anyway. Grab some fried chicken and take a seat.
I'd make it grilled chicken with a lot of salad unless you want to stay here a long time!

Welcome to Bike Forums, Mike.
Old 02-08-07, 01:08 PM

Bikes: RANS Dynamik

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome! Yeah, at 210 I see you as a short-timer. Unless you take (51)s advice about the chicken - that's why I'm still here...
Old 02-09-07, 02:30 AM

Bikes: 70's Motobecane, 89 Centurion Ironman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey mike if u live in Stockwell I know u seen LA Downs. That was my second home in the late 80's and early 90's. I picked my nickname from a Mid Grade stakes horse Nick Zito had in the early 90's, DAHOSS. Cashed some nice exactas and trifectas on that horse! I normally just ride the bike trail on the Teague Parkway for safety's sake but I'm wanting to find some lesser travelled roads to ride on. A friend of mine lives up around Cypress Lake and tells me he rides some of those roads up there and even some decent hills near Rocky Mt. I live on Sligo Rd. in South Bossier and although I've seen a few brave souls riding on Sligo Rd., no way for me. Just get riding and we'll figure something out sooner or later.