Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

I Got My New Bike Today!

Old 02-17-07, 10:47 AM
My Left Wrist

Bikes: Trek 820, Lemond Alp D'Huez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I Got My New Bike Today!

I have to tell someone! I think I'll tell everyone! 06 Lemond Alpe D'Huez 61cm. WOW!!! What a wonderful bike!!!! Thanks for all your advice. 17 miles today, just wonderful, I can't wait until tomorrow morning when I can ride again.

Old 02-17-07, 01:45 PM
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Sweet ride! When you going to post a "yours" pic of the bike rather than the stock pic?

Enjoy the riding!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Old 02-17-07, 02:06 PM
Perma-Clyde

Bikes: Trek Hybrid 7200

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Slick ride. Are you a Clyde? I shudder at the thought of riding a 24 spoke wheel.
Old 02-17-07, 05:18 PM
My Left Wrist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm a small Clyde, 6' 4" 230. I thought a lot about the low spoke count. But there seems to be plenty of folks my size on 24 spoke wheels. I'll send up a flare if something goes wrong.

I took my pictures this morning, but I'm analog so it'll take me a week or two to get them developed.
Old 02-17-07, 08:41 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congrads on the new bike!!! I am a mini clide at 210 and just got a Lemond Tourmalet last monday and put 3 miles on it friday and 12 miles on it today. I love the geometry of the lemond and hope you enjoy yours also. The jury is still out on the wheels, however the LBS says not to worry about it.

Cheers-
Mike
Old 02-17-07, 09:09 PM

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 760 Post(s)
Liked 1,714 Times in 1,002 Posts
The Bonty wheels with the eyelets are far better than the Selects and the Race models. The Race Lite and up all have the eyelets and are somewhat stronger. I have nearly 800 miles on my Race Lites and have had no problems with them. I did make sure they checked them for true, dish, and tension before I put them on as I was extremely skeptical about them. My LBS gave me a 1500 mile 100% guranty, if they failed in anyway, except for misuse, ect...., they would get me the 36 spoke wheels of my choice and refund the difference. They found 4 spokes that were a little under tensioned, but after the adjustments, I have been a peddling fool. Started riding on them at 324 and now down to 305.

I hit a brick in a ditch 2 weeks ago when I was run of the road by a driver who took the corner to fast and came into my lane. I got a flat and was in a panic that my wheel was ruined as I watched her drive off without stopping as she gave me the, "your number 1" sign. I got out of the ditch checked my wheel, walked home , put it on the stand and had to make no adjustments. To my amazement, I did not even have any dents or abrasion marks. I said my prayer to God that I was not hurt and hoped some thougthful cops would fine the evil lady that is now causing me to take a 3 mile walk at 12:14 am in 43 degree temps.

I actually had more issues on my 32 spokes than I have had with these wheels. I know the 32 spoke wheels were not a high grade, but non the less that my story and I am sticking to it.

Edited to add: Love the new bike.

Old 02-17-07, 09:13 PM
Vote for Pedro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Brian, she wasn't telling you "you're #1". She was giving you a "peace" symbol and forgot one finger.
Old 02-17-07, 09:55 PM
Parttime Member

Bikes: 2021 Cannondale Topstone Neo SL, 2021 Tesoro Neo SL EQ, 2012 Marin Bridgeway City; 1996 Cannondale MT1000 tandem

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Nice bike.

New bikes are always nice. I just wish they came with a "new bike smell" like cars do.
Old 02-17-07, 10:10 PM

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 760 Post(s)
Liked 1,714 Times in 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by lasteagle83
Brian, she wasn't telling you "you're #1". She was giving you a "peace" symbol and forgot one finger.

hahahhahaha, yea she was telling me something alright.

Old 02-17-07, 10:16 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yeamac
Nice bike.

New bikes are always nice. I just wish they came with a "new bike smell" like cars do.
They do. You need to put them in a small room with the door closed for a couple of hours.
Old 02-17-07, 11:31 PM
Opus

Bikes: Bianchi Cross Concept, Bianchi Axis, Specialized Crosstrail, Specialized Roubaix, Miyata Sportsrunner, Trek T1 Track Bike, Specialized CrossTrail Expert, Specialized Tricross Comp Triple

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Glad you are okay. That bike sure looks "purty"! Best of luck with it!
Old 02-18-07, 06:27 AM
Perma-Clyde

Bikes: Trek Hybrid 7200

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by lasteagle83
Bah! She was showing you her I.Q.

She ran you off the road and then has the gall to flip you the finger? What a HAG!

I would have tossed that brick at her!
Old 02-18-07, 06:01 PM
My Left Wrist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had the bike in my office with me all weekend. I think there is a new bike smell - I do smell something - either way it's way cool.

My wife was concerned when I brought it in the house but I quickly assured her the carpet would not hurt my new tires.