Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

My First Metric Century

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

My First Metric Century

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-01, 09:32 AM
LT1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My First Metric Century

Well, I did it. Not a full century just yet but a Metric Century. I just completed my first ever 100 KM ride and it was amazing. My time is as follows 100 km @ 3:32:06 with an average speed of 28.1 KM/H. Not the greatest speed and time probably but I am very proud of this ride. I stopped once for a three minute break for some gel and drink. When I got back on the bike it took nearly 20 minutes to find the sweet spot on the saddle. Next time I think I will eat and ride as opposed to stopping. My average HR was 152. My max based on testing is 189. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again to everyone out there for the encouragement over the past several weeks.

PS. I completed my first 50 Mile ride a week ago, and now I just completed my first Metric Century which is around 60 Miles I believe, full Century possible? I hope to complete a full century by mid September. Over the next five weeks I want to complete some interval training to help my speed work with longer weekend rides to keep up my endurance. Smart thing to do or should I keep focusing on endurance this season.

Thanks again
Old 08-06-01, 10:17 AM
Sumanitu taka owaci

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wow, I think that's great!

Keep us all up to date on your new goals and progress.
Old 08-06-01, 10:30 AM
0^0

Bikes: Redline Monocog,Surly Crosscheck, Lemond Reno

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Great job!!! I haven't gone a ride near that long, I need to though.
Old 08-06-01, 02:53 PM
Every lane is a bike lane

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Congratulations! The best way to move on to a full century is to gradually build it up and you'll get there before you know it.

Chris

That is all.
Old 08-06-01, 03:34 PM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
LT,
Gives you a great feeling of accomplishment doesn't it, knowing you've done what many others haven't done or can't do (non-cyclists).

Let us know how the full century turns out.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.