trail questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-07, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
trail questions

so im new to the whole bikeing thing, just got an 05 iron horse yakuza bakuto, and looking for some good trails around the chico area. ive been told that lower bidwell has some nice trails and such. my question is...are there trail maps around that i can look up in order to determine the route and distance of the trail? i am a wee bit out of shape and dont want to start down a trail and run out of steam half way through. also if there are any other riders that live around the chico area and dont mind taking the time to show a newbie the ropes please PM me.
Old 02-22-07, 09:39 PM
dirtbag roadie

Bikes: Della Santa Corsa Speciale -- Kish custom -- Santa Cruz Stigmata -- Niner Air 9 Carbon

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
i don't live near chico but this page has a nice trailmap of bidwell park with trails color-coded for difficulty:

https://chicomtnbikers.com/blog1/chico-area-rides/

more than happy to toss off a quick google search cause i like your name
Old 02-23-07, 03:51 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well thankie very much, as your google search turned up better information than mine did.
Old 02-23-07, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tweekerh8r
so im new to the whole bikeing thing, just got an 05 iron horse yakuza bakuto, and looking for some good trails around the chico area. ive been told that lower bidwell has some nice trails and such. my question is...are there trail maps around that i can look up in order to determine the route and distance of the trail? i am a wee bit out of shape and dont want to start down a trail and run out of steam half way through. also if there are any other riders that live around the chico area and dont mind taking the time to show a newbie the ropes please PM me.

This guy has been riding there alot

https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=272394