Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Allow myself to introduce...myself

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-03, 01:35 PM

Bikes: Gary Fisher Tassajara '03

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey All.

I'm a new future MTB rider in the SoCal area. Been looking around for something in the ~$600 range. Got a couple good LBSs in town and the Gary Fisher Tassajara seems to be the best bike in that price range. I'm a bit on the heavy side right now (~250) but I'm hoping biking will help that. The Fishers front fork seems to handle the weight pretty well when pumped up.

Haven't ridden a bike in quite a while, so it's gonna take a bit of getting used to again. You certainly ride alot higher on these 26" MTBs than I used to on my last bike with 20"s.

Riding isn't as much fun on your own as in a group so wouldn't mind knowing about any groups in the area that do regular rides. Sounds like there is a few good trails in my hometown I'll have to look into once I gain some confidence.

Glad to be here,
Dan
Old 05-15-03, 01:43 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi and welcome to the boards.
you'll probably have a lot of suggestions gere about clubs/groups in your area, but if not maybe try a google search on socal bicycle clubs
Old 05-15-03, 10:29 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Dan,
From your title, it sounds like you're an Austin Powers fan . . . .
Good to have you here!
Old 05-16-03, 08:38 AM

Bikes: 02 Giant NRS 1, 04 Klein Aura X, 04 Redline Conquest Pro, 04 Soul Cycles Monk, 04 Specialized Enduro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dan,
Glad to have you here. Check with your LBS for group rides and local clubs. Online try https://www.clubmtb.com/club/ for mtb clubs in your area. As for being on the heavy side the weight will come off. I was pushin 240 now I am down to 210 and dropping.