Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Roadie from CT

Old 02-28-07, 04:10 PM

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Roadie from CT

Hi from CT. I've posted a few times here already but decided it's sort of a duty to post here, else I'd just be a mystery poster.

I'm an avid road cyclist, 2007 will be my 25th year racing, been a Cat 3 for 22 of those years, can't climb or TT, don't remember the last time I finished a road race in the field.

I love crits, sprints, speed.

I don't like attitudes, Cat 3's who take racing too seriously (or 4's or 5's for that matter), and riders who can't take responsibility for their actions.

I promote races, help others promote races, and am involved in the local association here (which operates under USA Cycling).

I also worked in bike shops for 15 years, did what most shop mechanics do, built wheels, overhauled a lot of bearing things, and fitted all levels of riders. (I work in IT now).

I used to mountain bike a lot but don't anymore. I recently rediscovered tandems. I've always wanted to be able to do BMX flatland stuff (but I can't).

It's hard for me not to chip in my two cents when someone has a question for which I think I have an answer. I often feel I have an answer because I've had to deal with the same problem in the past and it feels good to share my solution. If I can help someone out, I will.

On other forums I've offered free parts to those who seem to need them. I have some parts sitting around and I'd much rather have someone else use them than throw them in the recycling bin. So if I offer some parts for the cost of shipping, it's not a scam.

This forum is thriving and has a lot of positive energy. I hope I can contribute to this.

Respectfully,
cdr
Old 02-28-07, 11:54 PM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Hello cdr,

That's a great attitude you've brought! My only question is--do you like classic and vintage bikes? We love people with your kind of positive energy in the C & V forum .

Welcome [officially] to BF!

East Hill
Old 03-02-07, 05:11 PM

classic and vintage? not in the true sense. I don't ride them (now). But I cut my teeth on the SR/NR era - had a Gipiemme equipped bike, also Excel Rino.. come to think of it, I upgraded the Excel to Gipiemme. So I'm somewhat familiar with those bikes. But I have admit that I tend to ride gear which is either current or one, perhaps two, generations removed from the latest.

cdr
Old 03-02-07, 05:48 PM
I can't find my pants

Bikes: 07 Specialized Langster Comp,06 Kona King Zing, 06 Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc; 03 LOOK KG461;(destroyed by suv); 85 Panasonic Team America; 73 Peugeot U0-8; 94 Balance Super B BMX; 04 Diamondback Outlook MTB, Diamondback DBR DH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Welcome to BikeForums. Where in CT are you? I'm just over the border in Western MA and do a lot of riding in CT. Road, MTB, whatever has two wheels.

Enjoy your stay and share the knowledge!
Old 03-03-07, 07:38 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
welcome cdr! I really like your attitude!
Enjoy the forums!
Old 03-05-07, 10:48 AM

I'm in SW CT (Fairfield County) but will be moving up to the Hartford area (Simsbury or thereabouts) in the next half year (I hope anyway).

cdr
Old 03-05-07, 03:02 PM
Warrior Cyclist

Bikes: 2021 TCR Advanced 2

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums! ...from one of your neighbors down by the eastern shore.
Old 03-08-07, 08:13 AM
I can't find my pants

Bikes: 07 Specialized Langster Comp,06 Kona King Zing, 06 Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc; 03 LOOK KG461;(destroyed by suv); 85 Panasonic Team America; 73 Peugeot U0-8; 94 Balance Super B BMX; 04 Diamondback Outlook MTB, Diamondback DBR DH

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
I'm in SW CT (Fairfield County) but will be moving up to the Hartford area (Simsbury or thereabouts) in the next half year (I hope anyway).

cdr
Very good riding in that area. Lots of hills and the more polite drivers of the state .
Old 03-08-07, 10:37 AM
Fourth Degree Legend

Bikes: 2005 Kona Cinder Cone & 2010 Cannondale SuperSix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing

cdr

Welcome. I'm in SW CT as well. Just over the river in New Haven County.