Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Where to Park Suntrust Plaza Atlanta

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-07, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Anybody have any ideas where I can park my bike at suntrust plaza. I start my new job on the 28th and it's not the kind of place where I can bring my bike inside
Old 03-17-07, 07:24 AM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Glad to hear about the new job.
Call or email Sara Milton at the Downtown TMA (https://www.atlantadowntown.com/) and ask her for help. She is the Outreach Manager (phone: (404) 658-1877 email: smilton@centralatlantaprogress.org) and works with all the employers in the downtown area to promote alternative methods of getting to work.
Also ask her about the Commuter Rewards program. $$$$

Here's a pdf map that is on their website showing bike parking locations. I don't know the address of SunTrust Plaza so you'll have to check it out.
https://www.atlantadowntown.com/docs/...%20Parking.pdf

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 03-18-07, 09:31 AM
I am not a car

Bikes: Giant Revel 1, Surly Ogre

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bikebuddha
I start my new job on the 28th and it's not the kind of place where I can bring my bike inside
After you get settled into the job, I would suggest asking if you can bring your bike into your office (or cubicle). Granted, I don't work at a bank, but I work for the state in a large office tower at Five Points, and there has been no problem with me bringing my bike up to the 15 floor and parking it in my cubicle. It never hurts to ask--all they can say is no. If you get nowhere with finding a safe place to leave your bike and you work for a large corporation, find the person in charge of promoting physically activity (to lower insurance costs and absenteeism). Perhaps they can help you find a good place; someone who exercises regularly can be an asset to the company (and makes a good story in the company newsletter).

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Old 03-18-07, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Map tester
After you get settled into the job, I would suggest asking if you can bring your bike into your office (or cubicle). Granted, I don't work at a bank, but I work for the state in a large office tower at Five Points, and there has been no problem with me bringing my bike up to the 15 floor and parking it in my cubicle. It never hurts to ask--all they can say is no. If you get nowhere with finding a safe place to leave your bike and you work for a large corporation, find the person in charge of promoting physically activity (to lower insurance costs and absenteeism). Perhaps they can help you find a good place; someone who exercises regularly can be an asset to the company (and makes a good story in the company newsletter).

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I won't be working for SunTrust, I'll be at a law firm in the building. It seems to be a pretty conservative place.
Old 03-27-07, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
across west peachtree from the suntrust tower there is a parking garage with an office on top. If you go inside that garage there is a bike rack across from the parking attendant station. There are security guards on patrol fairly often and a fair amount of traffic in and out. If I were going to leave my bike on a rack anywhere downtown that would be the spot.
PS the chilidogs at the pub in suntrust plaza rock.
Old 03-28-07, 05:20 AM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bikebuddha
Anybody have any ideas where I can park my bike at suntrust plaza. I start my new job on the 28th and it's not the kind of place where I can bring my bike inside
Today's the first day of the new job. Good luck.
Let us know how it goes and where you park the bike.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.