Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

LX cranks on a Stumjumper HT

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 03-28-07, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just put these on and seem to be having a minor, slightly annoying chainline issue. If I'm in the middle ring up front & in the 3rd or 4th cog (from smallest) in the rear & run out of momentum at the top of a short power climb where I have to put ALL my weight into it to get up & over, I get this like "crack" coming from the chain somewhere. It doesn't throw the chain or stop me but it's pretty loud & makes me nervous. Is this just due to bad gear selection? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Old 03-28-07, 01:25 PM
No Talent Assclown

Bikes: 1984 Ciocc Designer '84, Custom Columbus EL Keith Anderson -- Ultegra/DA 10sp mix, 2019 Trek Checkpoint AL All-arounder

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 23 Posts
You shouldn't have this problem in the middle ring. I don't have the problem with my LX cranks.