Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Riding bike with authotics

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 03-29-07, 10:17 PM
dty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

is there any extra considerations people with authotics should do when riding. Like more rest periods or anything?
Old 03-29-07, 10:28 PM

Bikes: 2004 Giant Cypress, 2006 Trek 7.3 FX, 2007 Gary Fisher Wahoo

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you mean orthotics, I would suggest using a good shoe with a steel shank. My prosthetisists suggested New Balance in the 800 or 900 series with my diabetic feet. I would suggest a cycling shoe with a good stiff sole if you are using clipless.

I am not a physician, but if it hurts or you get cramps I would suggest resting.
Old 03-30-07, 05:48 AM

Location: Beaufort, South Carolina, USA and surrounding islands.

Bikes: Cannondale R500, Motobecane Messenger

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by edp773
If you mean orthotics, I would suggest using a good shoe with a steel shank. My prosthetisists suggested New Balance in the 800 or 900 series with my diabetic feet. I would suggest a cycling shoe with a good stiff sole if you are using clipless.

I am not a physician, but if it hurts or you get cramps I would suggest resting.
My doctor likes my cycling shoes for my diabetes, as they ventilate so well. That and he is a cyclist.
Old 03-30-07, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 25 Posts
I ride with shoes that have orthotic arch supports built in. (Finn Comfort shoes) They allow me to ride much more without stops to let numbness subside. They have the best metatarsal support I have ever encountered and really eliminate numbness. As for diabetes restrictions or approaches, I don't know. Listen to your doctor. bk