Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Triathlon
Reload this Page >

Zipp 3000

Search
Notices
Triathlon Swim / Bike / Run your thing? Drop in our new triathlon forum for the latest in training & gear. From beginner to expert, and sprint to ironman.

Zipp 3000

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-07, 08:30 PM
Car magnet

Bikes: 80's Hoffy track frame 49x15, 80's guerciotti track 47x15(destroyd by a car), '78 ross conversion(RIP, died of old age), '06 fuji track(RIP, hit by a trolley), '75 Alan Aluminum(in the works)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zipp 3000

I just recently won a Zipp 3000 tri-spoke wheel on ebay with the conclusion that it will go for pretty cheap since it had no hub and it was discontinued about 12 years ago. I was right....

so now i have a problem.

Where do i find a hub to fit this beast? i've contacted zipp and they no longer produce nor can replace the axle assembly/hub parts in it. I contacted HED, hoping maybe that there were some similarities in their hub design because they shared the patent for the tri-spoke with zipp, but that was also a dud. I'm still waiting to hear back from Corima and sheldon brown.

but does anybody know anything to help me out, or point me in the right direction?...

or am i going to have to make a clock out of this thing?
Old 07-08-07, 06:35 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zipp 3000 Trispoke and matching disc wheel for sale

HI just saw your post regarding hub for Zipp 3000. I have a 3000 and matching Zipp 404 Disc that I'm getting ready to put on Ebay. Both are in very good to excellent condition.

Also, just incase you were not aware that the 3000 can be used on the front or back. I have the parts that are original and only used once.

If you have not found a soloution to your problem and would be interested in my wheels let me know.

C-YA.

Barry
Old 05-04-10, 05:14 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How much?

Originally Posted by metallo pesante

I just recently won a Zipp 3000 tri-spoke wheel on ebay with the conclusion that it will go for pretty cheap since it had no hub and it was discontinued about 12 years ago. I was right....
I know this is an old post, but if you still see this, may I ask how much you got them for back then?