Old 04-30-07, 10:37 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Bikes: Miyata, Fuji

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Frisco Texas Routes/Rides?

Going through Frisco, TX to visit kids this weekend 5/5-5/6 and looking for rides 30-50 miles. Have any good local routes/rides?
Old 04-30-07, 11:38 AM
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
The Frisco Bikemart or the Plano Bicycle Association has rides ranging in that area that head out both Saturday and Sunday. I'm off the bike right now healing up or else I'd love to come meet you and get a ride in. Plenty of other area riders here do both rides weekly though.
Old 04-30-07, 12:05 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Isn't that the Richardson Bike Mart right of 289 in Frisco? I have been there, is very close to my daughters house.

I am heading to Manassas Va., for a visit there, and taking my old '84 MIYATA 710 in case somebody breaks into my truck on this trip and decides they want a bike!! Frisco is the first stop.
Old 04-30-07, 01:02 PM
wussy

Bikes: Scott CR1, Trek 2200, Gary Fisher Tassajara, PedalForce ZX3 (coming)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MS150 is going on those dates. You might end up seeing a ton of bike riders
Old 04-30-07, 03:15 PM

Bikes: Specialized Allez cromoly, Fisher Paragon 29er

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hey,

Check out the weekly ride description of our local club, we meet about 10 min from Frisco, straight up Legacy. You can probably find a ride that matches your skill set pretty well. Should be smaller groups next weekend due to MS150. Come ride :

https://www.planobicycle.org/pba/index.php?option=com_events&task=view_month&catids=36|37|38&Itemid=27&year=2007&month=05&day=30

If you want to solo it (I would caution against if you don't know the area too well):

https://www.planobicycle.org/pba/inde...d=65&Itemid=73

Prosper Via Frisco Route runs right thru Frisco but can get high volumes of traffic at some times of the day and worse on weekends.

Last option I can think of would be to check my MotionBased logs and you will find 15-20 mile rides that I do from my house in Frisco (the ones that are titled 'Frisco Hood' for the most part) :

https://trail.motionbased.com/trail/digest/view.mb

Good Luck
Old 04-30-07, 04:13 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks guys and Sooner for the detailed info. I may become a Frisco resident in the not too far future. Daughter has taught there for 17 years!! I watched it grow from nothing, and knew where April's establishemnt WAS!!! Heeee!!

I do not get lost, pack a mapping GPS when in strange territory!

Think I will try to get up and ride with a group and meet some local riders. We come up there all the time, but have never ridden there.
Old 05-01-07, 07:49 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sooner, looked at some of your rides in motionbased, really intertesting. I did not know that existed!! Took a while to get it working for me. I think I can only look at the most recent page of your rides though. I wish I had that when I was younger and doing serious marathon training like 3000 miles a year, but those days were BEFORE GPS existed!!!! It would have really been interesting for analysis instead of working on a paper log!!
Old 05-01-07, 08:20 PM

Bikes: Specialized Allez cromoly, Fisher Paragon 29er

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Halfast,

I just started using GPS recently. I was fortunate enough to get the 305 Edge for free from my company (long story). Half the time I don't even use it for shorter rides. If you really want to see the utility go to the right side of the page about half way down and check out Rusty or Hans GPS logs!! I actually went down on Sunday and have to replace my carbon bars but I'd rather do that than have to replace the GPS...not cheap.

https://www.planobicycle.org/pba/

The Motion-Based subscription is about $90 a year or so if you pay annually. Otherwise you can store up to 10 downloads for free. It's phat!
Old 05-01-07, 09:26 PM
Big Meanie Head

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Soonerinfrisco
Halfast,

I just started using GPS recently. I was fortunate enough to get the 305 Edge for free from my company (long story). Half the time I don't even use it for shorter rides. If you really want to see the utility go to the right side of the page about half way down and check out Rusty or Hans GPS logs!! I actually went down on Sunday and have to replace my carbon bars but I'd rather do that than have to replace the GPS...not cheap.

https://www.planobicycle.org/pba/

The Motion-Based subscription is about $90 a year or so if you pay annually. Otherwise you can store up to 10 downloads for free. It's phat!
if you religiously paste the links to your rides in your pba logs... You can view them all!!! Just make sure you're not logged in to motionbased and just click the links... I'm sure they'll fix that someday...

So... You broke the bars? I TOLD you it would have been easier to just flat again... Thanks again for hanging back with my slow butt on Sunday - and the ride home. My legs are almost recovered from Saturday finally after a complete rest day Monday and some serious slow riding today.
Old 04-11-14, 09:53 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[TABLE="width: 257"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 257"]Frisco police department tamper with evidence. we have got a link against him. please read and share.

[TABLE="width: 257"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 257"]Frisco Paul: Writ of Habeas, Did the Collin County District Attorney know about the Frisco Police Department Evidence Tampering?

Thanks
Paul
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]