Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Reynolds DV 46 carbon track wheels

Old 05-13-07, 05:24 PM
I can't find my pants

Bikes: 07 Specialized Langster Comp,06 Kona King Zing, 06 Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc; 03 LOOK KG461;(destroyed by suv); 85 Panasonic Team America; 73 Peugeot U0-8; 94 Balance Super B BMX; 04 Diamondback Outlook MTB, Diamondback DBR DH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Reynolds DV 46 carbon track wheels

Has anyone had any experience with these wheels? I've been looking to upgrade and was intrigued by the weight of the wheelset and depth of the rim for the price.

https://www.reynoldscycling.com/produ...s_dvtrack.html
Old 05-19-07, 06:11 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A team mate of mine has a set on his BT. He swaps the rear out for a disc for big races. Theyre very nice looking wheels thats for sure. The front in stupid light for a track wheel and spins very well. Pretty stiff too considering its got like 20 spokes or somthing like that. If your a sprinter I dont think they're a smart move but if your an everything else racer they would work awesom!

Another wheel set to look at is the Campy Pista's or an older set of Shamals.
Old 05-19-07, 06:35 AM
I can't find my pants

Bikes: 07 Specialized Langster Comp,06 Kona King Zing, 06 Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc; 03 LOOK KG461;(destroyed by suv); 85 Panasonic Team America; 73 Peugeot U0-8; 94 Balance Super B BMX; 04 Diamondback Outlook MTB, Diamondback DBR DH

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanks for the info.

I'm not a big guy and don't crush things beneath me when I sprint, so I wasn't too worried about the weight/spoke count. I only plan on racing this bike a few times a year as there is no velodrome nearby and I work and go to school full time.

I just got bit by the upgrade bug and these looked like nice wheels. I had checked out the Campy Pista wheels, but was a bit turned off by the purported 2100g weight for the set. And do you know if they use the Record hubs on those? I couldn't find that information anywhere.