Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Greensboro, NC riders

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Greensboro, NC riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-07, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greensboro, NC riders

I live in Greensboro for roughly 9 months of the year. I go to school at Guilford College. My main form of biking is commuting to campus every day on my fixed gear road bike. I used to be way into mountain biking back in the day though and I'm going to try and get back into it this summer (while i'm home up in central PA.) My question is, how close is the nearest trail riding to Greensboro? Is it worth having a mountain bike or would I have to be driving more than an hour or two to get to worthwhile trails (unlikely that i'd do that honestly.)

I'm assuming there's a good handful of central NC riders on this forum since I see so many people we re:cycles logos in their signature. Great shop by the way. They've always hooked it up with very reasonable prices and quality service.
Old 05-14-07, 05:13 PM
one less horse

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Although the riding is quite different than in the central PA hills, there's lots of worthwhile stuff fairly close to Guilford College. Country Park and Owls Roost are the most popular, and they can be linked by paved greenway. The maps here are not completely up to date, but they're close enough. Feel free to pm me, call or drop by the shop if you have any specific questions.
Old 05-14-07, 11:32 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yeah man, I live in Winston...... Ive been going to Tanglewood and Hobby park and ride.... nice trails.... tanglewood's pretty easy. They are both in clemmons (about 15-20 minutes from G-boro)
Old 06-06-07, 06:01 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
is anyone going on the ride starting at bur mil park at 8 am on tuesday the 12th of june? it should be about 40 miles and hit all the trails.
Old 06-06-07, 06:13 PM
(lowkey spazz)

Bikes: a few...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bretthn
is anyone going on the ride starting at bur mil park at 8 am on tuesday the 12th of june? it should be about 40 miles and hit all the trails.
Sounds like a good time to ride, but i have a day job that would prevent me from attending.
Old 06-06-07, 06:21 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
go to https://pinkdirt.proboards41.com/ there will be more rides the one this tuesday is to decide on a route.