Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Fuji Track Frame!

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Fuji Track Frame!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-03, 07:33 PM
KISSSSSSS MEEEE!! GNARR!

Bikes: Custom Frame, 36s Paul Comp hubs w/ TSB by Marcus@Yojimbos, Campy Headset, Selle It. Gelflow / Campy Seatpost, Nitto stem, Sugoi 75 165 Cranks w/ crap BB, 3/16" chain, Yellow Techno 21s.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fuji Track Frame!

Hey everyone, I was just looking for some input on the Fuji Track frame (2003). Does anyone have any experience with them (or previous years) that they could share with me? I'm probably going to pick it up for $350 (incl. frame/fork/headset) from my LBS. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences they'd like to share with me before I plunk down $350 on a new frame...

Oh, and here's the link:

https://www.fujibikes.com/road/bike.a...&myArrayID=17#

Thanks in advance!

-Ian
Old 06-18-03, 07:51 PM
Kev

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I picked up one off e-bay about a week or so ago now, it is not this years model and I like it alot. Only got about 3 real rides on it so far, but it has been alot of fun! For $350 I would say get it.
Old 06-18-03, 11:44 PM

Bikes: Bianchi Pista, Miyata track, Schwinn Le Tour fixie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What shop?? That may be a little much considering you can get the whole bike for only $250 more. (Which is less than what you would spend buying cranks/wheels/etc. seperately.) But if you already have components you want to use then go for it.

-Jason
Old 06-19-03, 05:59 AM
KISSSSSSS MEEEE!! GNARR!

Bikes: Custom Frame, 36s Paul Comp hubs w/ TSB by Marcus@Yojimbos, Campy Headset, Selle It. Gelflow / Campy Seatpost, Nitto stem, Sugoi 75 165 Cranks w/ crap BB, 3/16" chain, Yellow Techno 21s.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yojimbo's garage. And they're not known for screwing people around. Where can I get the whole bike for $250 new? That seems like an awfully low number for the whole bike when the MSRP is $699 for a complete...
Old 06-19-03, 11:59 AM

Bikes: Bianchi Pista, Miyata track, Schwinn Le Tour fixie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No no I said $250 more, meaning 350+250 = $600. I thought the retail was $599. I don't know him personally, but Marcus (the Yojimbo guy) has a reputation for being a really good bike mechanic. He has more track stuff than most other places too..

-Jason
Old 06-19-03, 12:46 PM
KISSSSSSS MEEEE!! GNARR!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, Marcus has a really good reputation so I figure he's not jerking me around. Not to mention, for a new 2003 frame that's not an awful lot (and all the stuff I've heard or read about the 2003 Fuji Tracks has been really positive).

I figure I'll buy it in about three weeks (after I have two paychecks saved).
Old 06-19-03, 09:32 PM
cxmagazine dot com

Bikes: Titus road, Fort CX

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Marcus is A#1 in my book. I have gone there MANY MANY times and he is always on the honest side of things. As far as his track saavy goes, this guy knows his stuff. He has been around for a very long time.
Old 06-20-03, 03:46 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
seriously though, for $250 more you can get the whole, new bike, like jason has pointed out. usually, $250 buys you decent wheels and hubs, and that's about it... if you buy all the parts separately you'll end up spending MUCH more than $600... do you have the parts already?
Old 06-20-03, 03:50 PM
KISSSSSSS MEEEE!! GNARR!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, I have all the parts already Shrimpx. I'm actually second guessing my decision to get the Fuji though. I think I might just snag a Surly Steamroller instead. I mean I've heard nothing but good about them and they are built specifically for the road. We'll see in three weeks when I get my paycheck though.....
Old 06-20-03, 04:07 PM
cxmagazine dot com

Bikes: Titus road, Fort CX

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I currently ride a Steamroller (Tubed and sticker! Urban camo...) and love it. Been hit on it and it stayed nice and straight (cept the fork-RIP). Good choice for a fixed project.