Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Bike magazines?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-07, 12:57 PM
Le Tour

Bikes: Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike magazines?

What are some good bicycle magazines out there? Ive read 'bicycling' a couple times but what are some other good ones, other than the european ones which tend to be quite expensive.
Old 05-29-07, 04:59 PM
Caustic Soccer Mom

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
depends upon what you want to read about. VeloNews, DirtRag, Mountain Bike, MountainBiking, etc. etc. Google it!
Old 05-29-07, 05:06 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cycling Plus
Old 05-29-07, 05:35 PM
Prefers Aluminum

Bikes: Wife: Trek 5200, C'dale Rush Feminine, Vitus 979 Me: Felt S25, Cervelo Soloist, C'dale Killer V500, Miyata Pro (fixie)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I'm not into reading about the professional cycling scene, but I do occassionally like to read about the latest gear that's available. A friend of mine gave me a copy of a new magazine called "Road Bike Action". If you're into gear, it's probably a good choice.
Old 05-29-07, 09:21 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
www.bicycleguide.com used to be the better of the two, Bicycling being the second in quality and age. I hate Bicycling. Too many buzz words, hi-falutin' wording,way too many ads. I don't see Bicycle Guide around as much,it always had more bike stuff, less junk. The end of years bike review edition was worth the price of subscription, that issue would run-out in two days at stores back then. The foreign ones have mostly Euro-stuff and race stats.
Old 05-29-07, 09:23 PM
Le Tour

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im interested more in road bike magazines. bicycling is the only local mag ive found.
Old 05-30-07, 05:57 AM

Bikes: '06 Raleigh Cadent road bike,'05 Trek 7200 hybrid,' 83 Schwinn Le Tour SS conversion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is a review of Road Bike Action magazine. It is a bi-monthly magazine that is available for $9.99 a year.

Road Bike Action Magazine
Cover Price: $4.99
www.roadbikeaction.com

If you love to wear brightly colored spandex while riding your bike through traffic, boy do I have good news for you. Road Bike Enthusiast is a bi-monthly magazine highlighting the ever increasing biking phenomena that is sweeping the country. What makes this magazine work is that it understands that most bikers are recreational riders looking for a fun way to stay in shape. The publication still offers plenty of tips from well known professionals, but never loses focus on the niche concept that its core readership will come from weekend warriors blowing of steam and relieving stress. Articles on posture while riding, endurance building workouts and equipment provide bike enthusiasts with information they will not find in other magazines. The only problem this publication may encounter is the eternal question I always ask, if you are an avid bike enthusiast does it translate to an avid reader about the subject matter.
Old 05-30-07, 08:43 PM

Bikes: Rivendell A.Homer Hilsen, Paramount P13, (4) Falcon bicycles, Mondia Special, Rodriguez Tandem

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Bicycle Quarterly has objective and scientific testing of bikes, components and other aspects of cycling. It's more expensive as the costs are born by the readers and not by the advertisers as in other magazines.

https://www.vintagebicyclepress.com/vbqindex.html
Old 05-30-07, 10:33 PM
lunatic fringe

Bikes: 1980 Schwinn World Sport, 1982 Schwinn Super Le Tour, 1984 (?) Univega Single Speed/Fixed conversion, Kogswell G58 fixed gear, 1987 Schwinn Super Sport

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
OREGON CYCLING is published in Eugene but many articles are of interest to the cycling community at large. You can read articles from the online archives and decide if you want to subscribe to the printed magazine.
Old 05-30-07, 11:58 PM
tired

Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8, U frame

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dogbait
OREGON CYCLING is published in Eugene but many articles are of interest to the cycling community at large. You can read articles from the online archives and decide if you want to subscribe to the printed magazine.
You can also pick it up for free at many libraries and bike shops in the Portland metro area.
"Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."
Old 05-31-07, 12:25 AM
CRIKEY!!!!!!!

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1589 Post(s)
Liked 687 Times in 365 Posts
My bicycling magazine is the Internet.
Old 05-31-07, 03:55 AM

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by barba
Cycling Plus
+1 best cycling mag ever.
Old 06-04-07, 06:27 PM
Le Tour

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I dont know why but for some reason I dont like car ads in bicycle magazines
Old 06-04-07, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 25 Posts
I found the bike mags to be way too obsessed with the "ultimate" in whatever their focus was. Ultimate roadie, mtb or whatever. Sure, it's nice to read about the latest equipment on the market, but I'm not really going to buy any of it. It all ran out of gas long before the subscription ran out. Now and then I browse one in the book store, but most of my cycling info comes from the net, or looking around bike stores. A lot actually comes frome Bike Forums. bk