Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Toronto Bikers

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-03, 02:32 PM
Aquatics Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Toronto Bikers

Just curious as to where all you Toronto guys bike!! I'm talking about mountain bikes, like the trails and such. Also have any of you been to any TBN outings? I'm looking into going on the Glen Major thing this Saturday by TBN, and i'm going to that education night thing today by some speaker guy from Sandy's Cycle. I just bought a bike, and i'm looking forward to doing a lot of riding and hopefully to join a club which have people around my age (19), and trails..

Matt
Old 06-24-03, 05:47 PM
Scooby Snax

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Trails in TO?

the Don has lots and lots of single track, some blah, some semi technial off camber stuff. There are reviews at mtbr.com on the don and the Humber, I havent ridden the humber yet, but Im going to sooner or later this summer.

Scoob

Old 06-24-03, 09:47 PM
Aquatics Master

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice site, with tons of reviews! I've been to the Don one i think...well i go through it from leslie entrance and then park somewhere, and then pick the rest. AT the entrance, there's a big parking lot with lots of cricket players and stuff, and then there'se a little path into the trees. Some stuff are pretty crazy there. I just have to find more info on the humber, on where I can park my car first heh...

Matt
Old 06-25-03, 04:48 AM
Scooby Snax

As far as riding the don goes, you can park at Pottery Rd, & Bayview. There is a dirt patch on the north side of Pottery Rd. just east of Bayview. There is a coupple of trails starting off from that point north, follow the lower trail north, you will cross a driveway into the sewage plant, carry on north from there, its a great trail, you can go right up to Taylor Creek Park from there, Those are probobly the busiest trails in the Don, Have fun, and Keep the Rubber Side Down.

Old 06-25-03, 05:43 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you can also contact these ppl if you have a mtn bike.. they are so helpful

ride

other sites include
midweekclub

mississauga club

and this is a good site
lonerider

there are lots of trails, tts, and races almost every week in toronto and the area..
ask jonathan at tbn

and have fun.
Old 06-25-03, 08:28 AM

Bikes: Mikado De Champlain, Decathlon Cobra 600, Orbea Enol

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey I was at the workshop too... Did you see my bike at the back of the room? Isn't it the cutest bike in the world? I just love it!
I ride with TBN pretty much every sunday. But I'm more in the road/touring stuff. I tried MTB once and I kept falling and at the end of the day I was covered with dirt...
Old 06-25-03, 08:41 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How is the road riding in Toronto? Is it any good?
Old 06-25-03, 09:30 AM
Aquatics Master

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Scooby: Are you talking about parking at the Bricks Works?

thanks for the websites juc, hopefully i can check some out sometime..i'm gonna check them out now!

claire, no i didn't lol

i'm not sure how the road riding is really, as i just drive to the trails and them hit them...i try to avoid riding on the road with my mountain bike heh
Old 06-25-03, 12:57 PM
Scooby Snax

Originally posted by AquariaGuy
Scooby: Are you talking about parking at the Bricks Works?

thanks for the websites juc, hopefully i can check some out sometime..i'm gonna check them out now!

claire, no i didn't lol

i'm not sure how the road riding is really, as i just drive to the trails and them hit them...i try to avoid riding on the road with my mountain bike heh
AquariaGuy, nope on the East side of bayview just west of the rail bridge? there is a dirt lot on your right, it looks very unofficial, but thats one place to start. you can also go to the Loblaws on Redway (not the one on Moore @ Bayview) there is access to the driveway I mentioned earlier.

also OCR ride tuesdays at 6:30, join the group and go for a spin if you wish. They say all are welcome.

Scoob

Old 06-25-03, 02:19 PM
Aquatics Master

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ooh k i think i know what you're talking about now....btw, where is redway? i know where Loblaws at Moore and Bayview is, but i can't find redway.. i can't find it on the map either
https://www.mapquest.ca/maps/map.adp?...x=0&submit.y=0
this is the url for moore and bayview..i'm not sure which way to go, cuz i tried going in all directions but i can't find that road...

thanks for the OCR one, i'm gonna check them out...
Old 06-25-03, 03:19 PM
Scooby Snax

The Redway Loblaws is south off of Millwood, east of Laird.

Right here.

Edit, sorry, I fixed the URL

Last edited by Scooby Snax; 06-25-03 at 03:25 PM.

Old 06-25-03, 06:59 PM
Aquatics Master

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks!