Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Dealing with rogue cops

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Dealing with rogue cops

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-07, 01:07 AM
No longer in Wimbledon...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by schnee
Oh please. This country is so huge and diverse that it's impossible to make any generalizations.

I've encountered ******* cops when I was obeying every traffic law, I've also seen cops wave and say over the loudspeaker 'you all ride safe and have a nice night' during an unruly Critical Mass. You'll get prevailing attitudes in a region, but even then it depends on the cop, the day they're having, etc.

If you are truly glad you're not American, I bet you haven't seen enough of the country to make a fair appraisal. Otherwise, I wouldn't know so many Canadians that have moved here.
Aw, c'mon. Machka was just responding to a mild generalisation about Canadians by Cosmoline
Old 06-19-07, 04:00 PM

Bikes: Bianchi Alloro, Veloce, San Remo, Pista; Rivendell Canti Rom; Zinn custom

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Regarding Unit 3E20, taking a person from the red car into custody, that seems to be a very gentle method of taking a wanted person into custody, NOT a routine traffic stop. Making an arrest of a person seated in a car is not something to be taken lightly; there are people who will kill rather than go downtown for an unpaid traffic ticket. It is quite normal to apply the handcuffs before a search is conducted, (crazy to do otherwise) and to handle the person very carefully until a thorough search is conducted. My agency has lost TWO officers who were shot by prisoners who were wearing handcuffs behind their backs at the time. Edited to add: I do not work for my listed home town.

Last edited by Rex G; 06-21-07 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-19-07, 04:34 PM
Sensible shoes.

Bikes: A few.

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The time and place to make your case ain't the side of the road. Period. Cop or no, you'll never convince someone how wrong they are in the heat of the moment. Be the better, more decent person, and move on.
Originally Posted by cedricbosch
Why am I in your signature.