Old 06-23-07, 10:04 AM
I Ride Slow

Bikes: Orbea Orca, Raleigh Furley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cow Creek Classic Ride Report

So it was my first ride over about 12 miles and it was my first organized ride as well.

I had a great time I ended up not being able to find any of the guys I was going to meet up with (think they were running late). They started relatively close to on time sending out groups based on mileage one at a time. They had the first part of the route all blocked off from traffic and it made it very easy to get everyone going.

I just kept my computer on the cadence reading I did not want to start counting down the miles or anything. I felt really good at first and rode straight past the first rest stop. I kept rolling hit some hills and shortly after came to the second rest stop where I stopped filled up my bottles and grabbed a bananna. It was a nice little rest stop at around the 19.5 mile mark.

Left there and kept going hit the one big hill on the route and at the top of that hill was another small rest stop. stopped there again grabbed another bananna and filled up another bottle. After that we had about 10 miles left and I was feeling great so I hopped on and went for it. Got to the end and with a little less than a mile left I started really going since I wanted to finish strong.

Ended up finishing the 36 mile route in 2:20 at 15.7mph avg. It was a blast, and I wish I had done the 46.
Old 06-23-07, 12:09 PM

Bikes: 90's Fuji, bought off ebay, Trek 1500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We must have passed you or were at the same rest stop a few times. I did the 46 miler with crdean1, his friend Stephen, and Cuda.

Nice ride down there with Cuda and after tooling around Waxahachie we finally found the High School and parked right next to crdean1(Ryan). After a painless registration we get in line for the start. Once rolling on the access road, Cuda set an early pace I couldnt keep but we had planned to re group at rest stop #2 anyway. When I got to 1387 and Midlothian Pkwy I hear "Chris" and its Cuda who stopped at RS1, right behind me. Thats when the rollers kicked in and RS 2 couldnt come soon enough.
At RS2 we hooked up with Ryan and Stephen and made our way. Those hills on 875 (after the 36 turn off) were tough but made for a nice downhill run. But man this thing never relented and the hills kept coming and coming.

At RS3 someone tried going straight instead of turning, but everyone hollered and he came back. Good thing or he was in for one long ride. Now the Rest Stop at the 36-46 mile merge was well placed because that was at the top of one of the nastiest climbs I have had. the finishing part was great. I loved the ride through downtown Waxahachie.

Final stats are: bike time of 2:52:08. avg 16.0 mph. total miles 46

Great ride with great people! Cuda, Crdean1, and Stephen, you guys pushed me and made it a great one!

Chris
Old 06-23-07, 02:17 PM
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
Looks like RC_Spinner covered the ride report pretty well. Lots of hills, enjoyable downhills and challenging uphills. The only incidents along the way was the Flyte throwing the chain on the front as we were "just riding along". I've had a thrown chain on a shift, but my hands weren't even on the ergo-levers at the time. Guess the chipseal caused the chain to jump just right.

Status for my ride:

Distance: 46mi
Time: 2:41:21
Avg: 17.1mph
Old 06-23-07, 03:51 PM

Bikes: '06 Litespeed Siena

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey guys, good ride indeed! Just woke up from a nice nap. I don't guess I really have anything to add but that it was great meeting you guys and I look forward to doing it again.

On a side note, this was a good challenge for my buddy Stephen. His previous top distance was 30 miles, so he set a new personal best. It's always good to see a friend cross another milestone. It just gives you that nice fuzzy feeling.
Old 06-23-07, 04:53 PM
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

It was a personal best for RC_Spinner as well.
Old 06-23-07, 08:36 PM
I Ride Slow

Bikes: Orbea Orca, Raleigh Furley

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my personal best as well. Glad to hear I was not the only person who thought those climbs were tough and I agree RS3 was very very well placed. Wish I could have ridden with you guys that would have been fun. I really did have time for the 46 and I felt good enough to had made it too. When I got back to the highschool the first thing I thought was, "wish I had done the 46". Overall it was good stuff
Old 06-24-07, 08:42 AM
Home, home again

Bikes: Scott S10, Ultegra

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sounds like y'all had a great ride!!....I hope to meet some of you at the HHH...but until then I'll be training hard!!
Old 06-24-07, 11:07 AM
Prodigy

Bikes: 2007 Specialized Allez Elite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kyle, I was the one who hollered at you right before the start - with the twin bike. We got there too late to call anyone. Ended up doing the 36 because some friends gave us their tickets to Spamalot in Dallas and we had to shower and be there by 2. It was a fun ride...the last 8-10 miles were a blast with the even terrain. I probably could have done the 46 except for my hand numbness which continues to be a problem. I've got to figure that out before I can do the longer rides. But 36 was a new record for me so I'm happy with it.

waiting for inspiration
Old 06-24-07, 09:20 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I should have taken more, but this was the only pic I had from the start of the ride. A friend and I were at the very back attempting to make our way 'through the traffic'. There were many more people than is suggested by the pic.
Old 06-24-07, 09:28 PM
Unique Vintage Steel

Well with bib numbers into the 1700's in the pic it suggests at least that number. My number was over 2000 myself. Anyone know who was there taking pictures at this event?
Old 06-25-07, 07:03 AM
Prodigy

Bikes: 2007 Specialized Allez Elite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The highest bib I saw was in the 2100's. But I didn't see any below 1000...maybe the 'big guys' (centuries) had those? I overheard one of the Rotarians at a rest stop say they had 600 pre-registered.

The picture-takers had a flyer in our packets: www.eventpictures.com. I haven't looked yet - it said allow 3 days for posting.

Hopefully they let their cameras de-fog before taking their first picture of the day, unlike me:

waiting for inspiration
Old 06-26-07, 11:22 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www.eventpictures.com/app/eve...stanceId=10989
Old 06-26-07, 07:46 PM

Bikes: 90's Fuji, bought off ebay, Trek 1500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crdean1
I should have taken more, but this was the only pic I had from the start of the ride. A friend and I were at the very back attempting to make our way 'through the traffic'. There were many more people than is suggested by the pic.
You guys were at the back and Jon and I were trying to make our way up to start with you guys. Too funny.